Trials of the Toys (Part 3)

A/N: Hi everyone, just wanted to apologize for not updating quickly enough and a teaser that there will be more stories coming up! If you have requests, let me know in the comments section. Thank you & Happy Samhain/Halloween! 🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀 

Eira's P.O.V

I plopped down on the couch with a huff as we got back from the attic and both Mom and Aunt Linda went to the kitchen to plan an escape for all of us. To be honest, I don't think I want to go. It felt like I needed to do more than just run and hide.

I straightened up, tilting my head when Stevie approached me shyly. "Umm, you wouldn't happen to have an extra flashlight, would ya?" She fiddled with her fingers. I glanced behind her, noticing Jordan tapping her foot rapidly and taking deep breaths. I couldn't hold the urge to giggle by her impatience, knowing the only good bathroom was upstairs and dark. 

"Make sure you bring this back, it's my lucky flashlight," I told her while pulling out my small, blue LED light with my lucky charm.

Stevie nodded and took the light. She turned her heel to go to her sister. However, something came to mind. "Don't stress about Howie too much, Stephanie. He would've wanted you to be strong." Stevie shifted to me with shock scored her face and a stream of a tear on her pink cheek. "Both of you." I finished.

Smiled serenely then took Jordan upstairs to use the bathroom. I could grin heartily that after all these years, we finally came together. But I couldn't stop the aching inside, that something was missing. My thoughts were cut out when Max jumped away from the boarded window. Panting instantly. Shaking uncontrollable. What did he see?

"What is it, Maxibear?" I asked him, gently snatching the binoculars to take a look at the monster of a blizzard outside. "I-I don't know." Shaking his head, then stopped when he realized what I said to him. "Don't call me Maxi Bear!" He pouts softly, crossing his arms. I smirked evilly. This is gonna be fun. "Oh, I will. I'll call you Maxibear when you meet your girlfriend or boyfriend, whichever you prefer." Maxie starts to crack a smile. "Your prom date and then your lover." Chuckling was spilling out. "Last but not least, your children and grandchildren, and even the day when you're old and gray." I veered around seeing Maxie dying of laughter. 

I turned back with a smile on my face. However, faded away as my eyes found a large, cloaked figure, which I assume was male, with curved horns that almost resembles the devil on a rooftop. 

"Eira?" Max inquires shakily, I couldn't speak nor could take my gaze away. Why can't I take my eyes off him?

Third P.O.V

Out of his amusement, he frightened the small boy with his appearance before he retreated to a rooftop. He couldn't help but snicker at the thought of Max crying to his parents or shaking like a leaf. What could he say, he's a descendant of Loki.

Instead of those things, his small goat-like ears pricked up to the sound of laughter that flowed in the currents of wind. 'What?!' Blood eyes illuminated a ruby shine. Heat flares within. The storm could turn metal into an icy glass. Who dares cause his victim to laugh?! 

His scowl switched into an aghast, blushing simp. The moment he and Eira locked eyes on each other, the world stopped and everything went silent as the night. 

It was unbelievable that Eira had the ability to steady a dark, powerful 130,000-year-old spirit with her gaze and the melody of her voice. Not only elegant, but dominant that could tame any beast or man by her speak. It was amazing how a small, courageous little girl that he and other spirit friends protected from horrid demons became an intelligent, liberal goddess that had him head over heels.

He could feel her heartbeats slow through their bond. The dark spirit placed his hand to his chest. Feeling the warmth and addictive bond newly forming in his now rapidly beating heart. Krampus could only pray to complete this once and for all.

The lovely pause ended when screams echoed through the house. Taking the attention of his queen as she approached the stairs along with the rest of her family.

Krampus was irritated, however he smiled in satisfaction. He was minutes away from claiming Eira as his. 

For all of eternity.