Sweet Trap

A few hours after the carol, everyone fell to sleep. Howard took night watch but slowly went into a spell of slumber. The fire died as the family slept. Outside the broad window, Gluggagægir spotted the empty fireplace and her snoozing mistress along with her family, A smirk appeared underneath her mask. She went to the nearest tree and scaled up until she was rooftop level. Ketkrókur and his friend, Ruprecht spots Gluggagægir giving them a thumbs up, signaling them to get to work.

All of the elves pulled out a long chain with bells attached to it and a hook on the end. One of them withdrew a little gingerbread man from his pocket, who yawned and stretched out after his little nap. He blinked his tired little eyes as Ketkrókur looked at him serenely. "Hey Lil' Gingy, ready for kidnappin' tonight?" He spoke calmly. The gingerbread man, Gingy, gave a massive grin and lunged off the former elf's hand then landed on Ketk's palm. Ketkrókur could tell that was an enormous ol' yes by the little man's dancing. He wrapped the chain around his sweet friend and put it into the chimney. "Time for fishin' lads!" He announced as they all lowered the chain.

In the living room, the sounds of the chain moving down the chimney and the giggling and ranting about bets from the elves. Max and Eira clutched their blankets from the cold pinching their skin. The hook revealed itself out of the fireplace, it went down some more until Gingy came in view, putting on his best smile and staying still. The elves shook the chain, causing it to jingle. But no response expected a moan from Eira. The elves shook the chain again but one of them whistled to draw attention. Howard twitched awake by the scent of gingerbread, his eyes spotted a lonely cookie in the burned-out fireplace, sitting up to get a better look. He twisted his head, to find that all of his family members were fast asleep. He got up to awake one of the adults but stopped as the aroma was getting stronger and whispers of dark chanting seduced him to come closer.

Eira's necklace glowed a blood-red, filled with magic. The latter frowned in her sleep as she heard the chants, giggling, and the hushes from the elves. She jolted awake when she heard the sound of the chain. Her eyes increased in size as Howie was close to putting the smiling cookie to his lips. "HOWIE, NO!" Howie stopped his actions but froze when Gingy came to life, was quickly wrapped around by the thick chain. The gingerbread man latched the hook into the chain before whistling to his teammates.

The elves weren't hesitant to yank the chain hard to lift the chubby child up. The screams of the captured boy and growls of the tugging girl startled the whole family awake. All confused, until they saw Howie's legs going up the chimney and Eira struggling to pull her cousin and herself down as her head was close to the opening of the fireplace. "HELP US!!!" Eira squealed as half her body went through. Her mother ushered herself to the chimney, grabbing her daughter by the calves. Trying to pull her down. "Hang on, Howie!" Eira shouted. But she spoke too soon when a force yanked Sarah off her feet, pulling her up as well. The remaining adults held onto Sarah's legs before she went too far and pulled hard as they could, while Aunt Dorothy and Omi gathered the kids away from the havoc.

Eira gripped harder on the child's ankles. Panic and confusion ran through her mind. Wondering if she saw a little treat that was always her favorites in her childhood came to life? And how strong their captors were. 'Who were these people?!'

She gazed down at her pendant, which was glowing a bright Christmas light red. She felt chains securely coiling around her arms. She raised her head seeing the same gingerbread man fastening the chain into a knot then met her sapphire blue eyes with a pleasing grin. "U-uh hi!" She shuddered. He waved to her in excitement. 'She's so perfect! She's going to make him so happy!' She narrowed her eyes. Tilted her head to the side and said.

"Who's 'him'?"

The little man's facial expression was detectable of surprised by that question. "Honey, who you're talking to-" her mother started to consult her but trailed off when she saw a gingerbread man gave a mischievous grin. Sarah screamed at the sight of these living creature, Gingy screams, mocking her and trying to make her let go of his queen. But unfortunately for him, the adults managed to pull out a messy, screaming Sarah. Gingy faced Eira with a charming smile. "Hang on, M' lady!" he said before climbing up the chain. Eira hanged on to Howie as much she could.

After Tom, Howard, and Linda pulled Sarah, who backed away from the chimney in fright, took out Eira as well. And were close to getting Howie Jr to safety. But failed.

Upon the rooftop, the elves struggled to pull up their bait. After she rolled her eyes and huffed, Gluggagægir leaped from the tree, she was on and landed on the roof with ease. She rushed to the end of the chain and heaved hard as she could.

They heard screaming, crying, shouting, and ripping of fabric? They laughed and cheered wickedly as they pulled the scared chubby boy out of the chimney hole, taking off one of his shoes and threw it down. Gingy raised his brow, raced to the chimney opening, to find a pair of half-torn sleeves from Eira's pink sweater, hanging in a pair of stockings. Gingy gasped, panicking about the punishment that Krampus would give him if he came empty-handed. Little did the gingerbread man know that while he was in a mental breakdown, Ketkrókur took him into his hand gently, while taking the dangling sleeves off the chain.

Gingy sat down, holding his knees, and shook in anxiety. Ketk rubs his thumb on his little friend's back to relieve him. "Hey, it's okay. You did great." Gingy shook his head. "But I lost her, sir. He'll devour my head!" "Hardly." The two helpers jumped, as they discerned the deep yet calm voice from behind was their master.

Krampus watched the fire lit up once again, knowing the family was aware of their presence. He looked at the trembling cookie in his minion's palm.

He slowly approached the two of them. Gingy covered his eyes as his master took him by his bony, cold fingers. However, was placed in his other palm instead of his mouth. "I won't punish you for trying Ginger," Krampus reassured the little one. He raised his free hand, which held the pink sleeves. Ketkrókur was starstruck, looked into his pockets. Wondering how he lost them from his grasp. "Nonetheless, I expect you to resolve this." The gingerbread nodded rapidly and shuddered. "Y-y... Yes, sir." The demon lowered his hand so his small minion could get off. He straightens up, peering down on the ripped cloth in his hands. He was grateful that it wasn't blood nor injury. He didn't wish for his woman to be harmed in any way. The scent of pine and honey made his heart race and his sanity was slowly decreasing.

For he is a creature of patience, although his patience was wearing thin.