Something's Up

I was getting nervous. Beth wasn't returned from his boyfriend's, who I think is a jerk, it's already going dark and colder outside. I looked out the living room window, fiddling with the necklace that was now on my neck. As I was watching for Beth a wolflike howl called in the wind, provoked me to look harder.

During my watch, there were two more snowmen in the yard, but this time one raised his hat and the other did a dramatic bow, they seemed to be greeting me as if I were royal. Leaned closer to see anymore, but a voice interrupted me causing me to turn my back to the window. "Hey Howard, do you think your Hummer could get through this mess?" Dad asked with Mom and Maxie by his side. "Lucinda? I could point her due East, hit the gas and she'd be storming the beaches at Normandy by sunrise." Uncle Howard states proudly with a sleeping Baby Chrissy in his arms. "What's on your mind, T?" "Well, it's-it's Beth. She went to her boyfriend's earlier and she hasn't come back yet." Mom stuttered, rubbing her hand on her forehead to relieve herself. "See? Let them out of your sight for one second, and BOOM! Shotgun wedding." Aunt Dorothy commented. "Auntie, please," I begged her. "Well, you ought to know." She snapped back. I won't be surprised, she never had any knowledge when Mom and Aunt Linda left her at 18, while after she contacted when the twins were born, the only one checked on her was Aunt Linda and me.

"It's probably nothing." Mom reassures. "But I thought we'd go pick her up, take a quick swing around town, see what's going on out there." Dad started. "A little recon mission? Thought you'd never ask." Uncle Howard got up. "Okay, go to Mama." Placed Chrissy in Aunt Linda's arms then headed to the front door as Dad followed. "Thomas! Thomas!" Omi called Dad, begging him and Uncle Howard not to go. Dad was confused by her reasoning. She was speaking so fast I couldn't understand. This has to be important. "What the hell is she so riled up about?" Auntie Dorothy questioned carelessly. I looked at Maxie for an explanation, since he could understand Omi's ranting. "She says not to go. That it's too dangerous, and that we should wait until the storm's over." "Tom-" "I got this, Mom listen we have to go pick up Beth, but Max and Eira will take care of you while I'm gone, okay?" Dad acknowledged, but Omi shook her head violently and still spoke faster. The only words I could bet out was- " Du musst Eira beschützen. (You must protect Eira.)" "Mom. Hey, mom, listen. Sie alle sind in Sicherheit, einschließlich Eira. Wir sind gleich zurück. (All of you are safe, including Eira. We'll be right back.)" The last thing he said before he kissed her on the forehead then left with Uncle Howard. Both Max and I saw Omi shaking in panic. Max took her trembling hand into his, while I took the other.

A few hours after the guys left, we started lighting up candles around the house. I have two decorative candles in both of my hands trying to decide which one to place on the side of the window. I tapped my foot silently, stumped on the topic. I looked down where Rosie and Baby Chrissy were sitting and an idea popped into my head. I kneeled to their level, gaining Chrissy's attention. "Hey little Chrissy, so what's it gonna be? Frosty the snowman or Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer?" I showed her the candles. With a smile, she grabbed the green candle that had the picture of Rudolph as she cooed. I giggled at her excitement and placed the candle by the window and lighting with a match. Everyone paused at the sound of footsteps upon the roof. "Mom?" Max asked for an explanation. "Probably just the squirrels." Mom proclaimed to us. "In this weather?" Auntie Dorothy added. Rosie started to growl and bark as more and more footsteps were heard from the rooftop. "Too big." I retorted. After a dead long silence, a huge bang shook the house causing us to jump. Baby Chrissy began to cry in fright and confusion. "See? Squirrels." Mom announced. I glanced at her as I tried to comfort Chrissy by bouncing her and patting her on the back. "Right, probably playing with their nuts up there." Auntie Dorothy taunted before returning to her knitting. Chrissy's cries started to die down as I hushed her. Both me and Chrissy, saw Omi checking up the chimney for something. But for what? "Something's up, Chrissy. Something up."

Third P.O.V

Somewhere in Neighborhood

Fierce ember eyes gazed down at the two surviving men struggling through the storm, one injured. He growled at the sight, one of them should've been dead. Krampus heard whimpers from behind, he veered around seeing his injured, beloved pet, the Snow Beast.

 Krampus heard whimpers from behind, he veered around seeing his injured, beloved pet, the Snow Beast

It gridded its blood-stained teeth in discomfort as dark-blue blood poured from its neck. Krampus approached the beast and observed the wound. It wasn't near any vital organs but it still hurts. His clawed hand hovered over the wound using telekinesis to remove the bullet safely. The Snow Beast winced as the bullet came out of him and was placed onto his master's palm. The beast cursed himself and the one who shot him. Vowed that he'll find and devour the man without mercy.

For the sake of his master and mistress.

"Now, let's not be too violent." His master spoke calmly, stroking the wound gently causing it to heal slowly. The beast tilted its head in confusion. "We don't want to disappoint our queen, do we?" The Christmas demon smirked sinfully, holding a small snow globe with an image of Eira looking out the window so radiantly between his fingers. Causing the Snow Beast to purr, wagging his tail. "LUCINDA!!!" a shout from Howard flew in the wind to their ears. The Snow Beast hissed in laughter as the humans found their destroyed truck. "I'm assuming that was your doing?" Krampus lifted a brow towards the scaly creature. The only acknowledgment he received was purring and a tail wagging. Krampus twisted back to the men struggling through the storm caused by him. "Guter Junge. (Good boy.)"