Volume 7 Ep. 2 - A New Approach

Police Airship
Y/N

Once more... the city of Mantle was right beneath us. "Where do you think they're taking us?" Ruby started. "I'm gonna go with jail." Qrow sarcastically answered.

"I still can't believe that fishing pole guy took us out like it was nothing." Jaune let out. I turn to him with a questionable look. He notices my stare and clears his throat. "Well... except for one... but still!" He corrected.

"Welcome to Atlas. Those were Ironwood's Ace Operatives." Weiss explained. "Hmm? You guys had a run-in with the Ace-Ops? Ironwood must really have a bone to pick with you." A ponytailed man spoke.

"They're not that big of a deal." Weiss rolled her eyes. "Not that big of a deal?! The Ace Ops are the elite-of-elite military Huntsmen and Ironwood's personal attack dogs." The man lets out.

"So they got you too, huh?" Nora asks the man. "Pfft! I wouldn't let myself get caught by them. I'm here because I've been speaking out against Atlas'  exploitation of Mantle, and General Ironwood is trying to silence me." He informed.

"You threw a brick at her ship!" The pilot corrected. "It's worth it if it gets people talking about our cause!" He shouted back. The pilot could only sigh in reply.

"Our cause?" Blake queried. "Yes, the fight for better conditions in Mantle! Lead by the charismatic, talented, lovely Robyn Hill and her Happy Huntresses!" The man answered. Slowly, the window that divided us and the pilot closed.

"They were all top Atlas Academy graduates, who could've signed up for the military, but Robyn and the Huntresses chose to stay in Mantle. She's gunning for a seat on the Kingdom's council, and when she gets it, she's gonna put an end to Ironwood's tyranny!" The man shouts before the window could fully close.

"Happy... Huntresses?" Oscar lets out in confusion. "Is that their real name?" Yang asks. "Don't you think tyranny's a little dramatic?" Weiss added.

The man turns around to respond, but soon looks surprised. "Easy to say for a Schnee heiress, living comfortably up in Atlas." The man replied with spunk.

"Not anymore." Weiss sighs sadly. Soon after, the airship finally reaches Atlas. Ruby looks out at the city in awe. Nora continues to chew out at her restraints.

"Whoa, it's gorgeous up here!" Ruby complimented. At her comment, Jaune and Nora leave their seats to look out the window with her. "Don't let that fool you." Weiss warned.

"Hm?" The ponytailed man looks at Weiss. I eyed him suspiciously as he stands from his seat and looks outside. "This isn't the police station." The man commented.

"It's... Atlas Academy." Qrow corrected. Soon, the ship touches the ground. Shortly after, the double doors open allowing the group to exit the ship. Unfazed by the tall, standing building in front of me, I continued to follow the group.

"I guess we will be seeing the General. For better or worse." Ruby commented. "So, what do we do?" Ren asks out loud as we entered the academy.

"I don't know yet. But we should be careful with what we say." Ruby says as we enter an elevator that brings us up. The accompanied guard looks over at us over his shoulder.

"We'll follow your lead, Ruby." Blake quietly ensures her leader. Ruby smiles at her words, but was soon overwritten by a worried look. I nudged her elbow, causing the red-caped girl to look towards my way.

"If we're lucky, we might meet up with the General as soon as we leave the elevator. There's no need to worry, Ruby." I assured her. "Yeah. You're right." She nodded as the elevator chimed.