Volume 7 Ep. 6 - Unworthy

Amity Coliseum
Y/N

Standing in the center of the Coliseum, Team RWBY, Team JNR, and I stood in a line facing General Ironwood, Winter, and Penny. "It goes without saying that this arena holds a significance to all of us. It's only fitting that we should be able to reconvene here. Now. When the world needs to be brought together more than ever. The road you traveled. from our first meeting hasn't been easy." General Ironwood monologues.

"You fought for your school and your friends at Beacon. You fought for the world and the innocent at Haven Academy and beyond. you faced down terrors people can't even fathom. That's not the behavior of students. It's the behavior... of Huntsmen and Huntresses." He continued, as he walks along the front.

He then looks over at Penny, who happily begins humming and walking past JNR and RWBY, then to me. She tapped her Scroll as mine beeped simultaneously.

Taking out my scroll, I watched as my student license changes.

HUNTSMAN LICENSE Atlas
Name: Y/N
LN: 63500 - 17341 - 22405
Place of Issue: Atlas
Authority: Atlas Academy
Restrictions: Class C

"Wait... what is this?" Ren lets out. "You are being granted your Huntsman licenses, today." Winter revealed. With disappointment, I looked down at my Huntsman license.

'Do I deserve this? After the things I have done... can I still be granted the title of an official Huntsman?'

"I should be so lucky to have all of you." General Ironwood's voice resumed. Looking up from my license, I watch as he stops for a moment, then looks at Team RWBY and smiles.

"It's okay. It's a big moment." He says as he starts to walk again. "And what better way than to celebrate here? When this tower is ready and communications are back up and running, we'll tell the world about Salem and face down whatever comes at us after that, together." He explains as I could only look at my license and myself in disappointment.

"That's... just about all the pomp I have in me." He sighs. "If you'll excuse me, I have to get back to running this operation. Um..." He awkwardly adjusts his tie and turns away. "Well, then. Enjoy the cake." He says as he leaves with Winter in tow.

Penny pops up with a hand raised in the air. "Your speech outros are improving, sir!" She says with an encouraging tone. "After everything we've been through, I almost forgot this is what I wanted in the first place." Yang started.

"When Beacon fell, I didn't think this would even be possible." Blake added. "It almost feels trivial." Weiss commented. "Geez, guys, lighten up a little. Enjoy yourselves for a change. You've earned it." Qrow buts in.

"Finally! Someone said it. Let's kill some cake, huh?" Nora shouts with energy. "Nora, nobody is arguing with you about this." Ren states. "Erm... I'll have to step out on this. You guys go ahead and enjoy your cake." I spoke as I turn to the exit.

"You sure you don't want some cake, Y/N?" Penny asks me as she stands behind the cake. "Yeah, I'll be fine. Thank you." I say with a small smile and made my way to the exit.

. . .

"Remember, Y/N... you are the one... who will decide how the tide of war is carried out."

'How do I decide if I already betrayed so many people?' I asked myself, burying my face into my legs. 'I still don't think I should be a Huntsman... I'm better off telling myself off and locking myself behind bars.' I continued to talk to myself.

Suddenly, a fist connected with my head. Looking up to see who it was, Qrow sat next to me with a plate of cake. "You know... I think I've known you for so long that I know your habits like I know the back of my hand." Qrow commented as he shows me the cake.

Reluctantly, I take the cake and took a small bite from it. "Qrow... I don't think I should be a Huntsman..." I let out. "What makes you say that?" He asks.

"You already know..." I grumbled, taking another pity bite of the cake. "Y/N... it wasn't your fault. You had no control over yourself at the time." He started.

"Yeah, but if I wasn't impulsive and stubborn at the time... I wouldn't be like this... and Pyrrha too..." I muttered. "Wait..." I realized. "Why did Pyrrha die? I specifically remembered telling her to stay with Jaune." I remembered.

"I think the kids should explain, not me." He tells me. "Right..." I simply let out taking another small piece of the cake.

.

.

.

"Qrow...?" I call out to him. "Yeah?" He answered. "What am I? Am I a teen? Am I an enemy? Am I a Huntsman? Am I... Ozpin's "son"?" I listed. Qrow heaved a sigh before answering. "Y/N... no matter what happens, you are Y/N. You can't let anything get in your way. When it benefits you and everyone else, push on. That's what it's like to be a Huntsman, I guess." He answered.

"You know... I wonder... what would've happened if Salem never became greedy... never became manipulative... never became... what she was now." I started as Qrow eyed me confusingly.

"You saw in the visions, Qrow... she's just lovesick, but the pools of Grimm poisoned her mind." My eyes widen in realization. "What if we just have to remind her of her past self." I turn to Qrow.

"Words don't go through girls that easily, Y/N." Qrow said. "These aren't words, Qrow... they're memories. You saw what happened when I regained my memories. What if the same thing happened to her?" I queried.

"If it's a risk you're willing to take, then save it for later. Don't endanger the lives of the innocent. That's all I can say, kid."