* CATS OUT OF THE BAG*

*CATS OUT OF THE BAG*

    I refused to go to the airport to send my father off to rehab. He broke down and confessed he’d been drinking bottles of Jack a day. It varies day to day. Maybe a bottle in a half, maybe four. He felt alone, since Evelyn was born mom was so preoccupied. I was rebelling against his plans. It was a bunch of selfish shit that fell out of his mouth. The sloppy fucking drunk. He  wasn’t half the man he used to be and I didn’t give a rats ass about what was left. 

    The worst part was that Lily was in quarantine from me.  She started getting sick Saturday night, as did several other students. Our game Friday night had some pre-symptomaic attendance  from the opposing team. They think mainly it was spread at the concession, but I had practically been inside her and was fine. Today was game two of the season and I knew it was going to be good. I got to see Lily in person for the first time in six days. 

    I was on her porch when she opened the door. The smile on her face squeezed my heart. She was happy to see me, I could see it in her eyes. In her smile. She pulled me down to her by the back of my neck. A hazy look flashed over her face before she gently sucked on my bottle lip. The tip of her tongue slipped out surprisingly. I forced her mouth open with my own. She was teasing me. I wasn’t strong enough for teasing with her yet. I pushed her into the house, or tried to at least. 

    “No, we both know if we go in, we won’t come out.” She sighed heavily, almost like she was disappointed. She got her things and pulled the door shut. I watched her from behind. She had a marvelous ass  “Ok, I ate breakfast but I’m still kinda starving, maybe because I didn’t eat for four days. Do you mind if we go by the Hole? I like those breakfast pigs in blankets. “ What in the world? 

    “What are you talking about?” We got into my car and I pulled us out of the driveway. She looked at me like I was the one that said something strange. 

    “You know, the hotdogs inside a glazed roll, sometimes it’s sausage. Mmm and donut holes.” She licked her lips and it made me hungry too. Oddly enough for donuts but for her as well. But I had to put that away as much as possible. I had a huge boulder on my shoulders today. We were now the team with mostly second string players against a team of primed, seasons, pumped starters. I felt sorry for my competitors last week. The mental game involved is just as intense. 

    I tried to stay positive but it only took a few days for more than half the team to go down. Since then we are  busting ass to get some kind of flow together. Even if I could have seen Lily, I wouldn’t have had the time. I was just ready for this  week to be over with. I needed to have some time with Lily. After the game I could relax and just be with her. Not having her the past week was horrible. 

    “Giles, this is the turn “  I almost missed the turn into the donut shop. We went through the drive thru.  Lily made a noise when I ordered her sausage rolls, instead of breakfast pigs in a blanket. She wiggled her nose at me but ripped the box out of my hands once it was inside the car. She had half a sausage roll in her mouth, super happy. I pulled the other half out and shoved it in my own. Glorious flavors, I too was super happy. 

    We were silent,happy eating sausage rolls and donut holes. In the parking lot I pulled her back twice before finally going into class.  I could tell she was still a bit tired from being sick. But her smile was so lovely. She even dressed up for me, again. She had on black leggings with a black lacy seam running all the way up the back. She teased me by showing about two inches of skin beneath that lace. She wore a black and yellow pleated shirt  with a black v neck. It had the Hufflepuff crest dangerously close to her tit. 

    She enjoyed that she could wear her house colors and no one think twice. Our school colors were the same. To the untrained eye she was just full of school spirit. She put me off during class by actually paying attention. So what if she hadn’t been there all week? By lunch time I craved her full attention. Just wanted to touch her skin. Needed to be pressed against her somehow.