*HOUSE GHOSTS*

I felt instant regret for what I had said. I didn't mean it. It was out of my mouth before it even registered in my brain.  My relationship with Melanie had set in motion instincts. We were vicious to each other when we fought. Then it was over seconds later we were fucking like it never happened.  

    Lily shut down completely. I had tried to engage but she gave me nothing. I deserved it. I called and texted no answer. She was gone when I went to pick her up for school, her car was gone. I picked up a chocolate milk and went to school. Lily's car was empty but Melanie was  waiting. I pulled and got out of my car. 

    "So I saw you're tragic display at Aces High". Who the hell do you think you're fucking with. You're just trying to get back at me. Revenge. Hurt me."  She stood there, looking sad, lips pouty, doe eyes. I might have fallen for that before Lily but not now. Not even if that skin thigh skirt and see through shirt. She walked up to me, I stepped back.  "Why can't you forgive me for one slip up?" 

    "ONE slip up? You expect me to believe you? You ruined my Aunt's marriage. I've had like fifteen guys come tell me about the twisted lies you told them.  The only thing that leaks out of your mouth is poison. We were suppose to be in a committed relationship. Just couldn't get enough. You are so fucked in the head. I can't deal with it."  

    As I turned to walk away from her. I see Lily, My Lily with Jackson. Laughing it up.  His phone was out and she smiled and laughed at whatever it was. He was touching her hip. The fact that he was the one that she almost has sex made me crazy. He was a prick and I didn't want her touching him.  I walked faster to her and called out. She looked up.

    "No." She patted his arm. "I'm going to class." Jackson locked his truck and started walking beside her.  I grabbed his arm and he yanked me off of him. 

    "What is your problem St. Clair? She doesn't want to talk to you." I looked around at Lily and her face said it all. She was angry and in pain. 

    "I'm not ready to talk.  You hurt me Giles. You promised." Jackson smirked at me and walked her away from me. I followed behind them until we were a few feet away from homeroom. I tugged at the ends of her hair and sighed, frustrated. But she turned around and looked me in the eyes.

    "Please Lil. I need to talk to you. You can call me and Asshole or hit. You can do whatever you want. I just need to talk to you." She soften. "Please." He turned around to Jackson. I had to stop myself reaching out to her. She patted his chest and clicked her tongue at him. 

    "Alright. Johnny can you tell the teacher that I got a flat and will be late?" He just nodded and walked in.  I took her hand and pulled her down to the cubby hold. I wasn't sure what to do. I slid my hands around her waist. She bucked against me, but I kept my hands on her, fingers dug in. 

    "OH so you want me now?" She cocked her hand at me, eyes deadly. 

    "I am sorry for what I said. I didn't mean it. I was upset and forgo..." 

    "That I wasn't Melanie.' She pulled back. That stung in my chest. Her face was so hard and full of disappointment. "Everyone fights Giles. But saying thing to be spiteful and mean is wrong. I get that you were angry, but you know what?..." She stopped herself "It's just a really shitty thing to do..to anyone."  She crossed her arms. 

    Melanie and I would scream horrible things at each other at the drop of a dime. But Lily wasn't like that. She was sweet and kind. She actually cared about the wake she left behind her. Only now with Lily can I realize that Melanie actually never a fuck about anything. The more positive it is with Lily the more I see the toxicity with Melanie. Myself too, I gave her right back what she gave me. I should have given her better.  I wanted to touch her skin so bad my fingers twitched.