Chapter 3 Briefing

Ben's Dorm Room

Academy of Espionage 

Washington DC

1930 hours

Ben's P.O.V.

(Flashback)

Emma jumped on me as Erica closed the door.

................................................................................................................

I sat up with Emma in my lap. Erica sat down on my desk chair. "She is quite something isn't she?" she asked grinning.

I smiled and looked down at Emma who had snuggled into my lap and was now falling asleep. Erica looked at me. "Why did you leave the room when that news reporter finished his report?" she asked. Then someone entered my room. It was Cyrus. He looked at Emma and gave me a curious look. "My sister." I replied. He nodded. Then he gave Erica a FYEO folder and looked at me. "Brief her will you?" I simply nodded as he left. I turned my self so now my back was against the wall in a reclining position and my feet open in front of me. I put Emma on the bed under the covers and reclined against the wall closing my eyes. I waited untill she had finished reading. Then once she was done and was burning it I told her about what had happened in the limo and the White House. When I mentioned the Secret Tailor she gets her clothes from she nodded and smiled. When I finished she stood up. "Be right back." and left. 

I looked at Emma as she slept. She looked so peaceful. I dreaded the day I would have to tell her about our parents. I closed my eyes and was falling asleep when Erica re-entered. She looked at me and shook her head. "The suits will be ready by tommorow. Get some rest." she said and then left. I changed, lay down and fell asleep, dead tired.

(Time Skip)

The next morning I woke up and thanks to my Level-16 I knew it was 5 o'clock. I got up and changed. As I re-entered I saw that Emma was waking up. She got up and hugged me. "Ben, can you help me get ready?". I nodded and smiled. 

10 mins later as we were about to head out when Erica entered. She handed me a box with the suits. I examined them and found hiding spots for weapons. I smiled and said, "Thanks." Then I got a call from Cyrus."You and Erica head to the main gate. Now." he said before hanging up. I looked at Erica who had overheard the conversation. "I need a minute." she said before sprinting off. I quickly grabbed a suit and changed while Emma waited outside the door. I then quickly exited with 2 jackets since it had begun to snow. We headed for the main gate. Erica was there. Then a Secret Service van entered. It stopped in front of us and we got in. There were 2 Secret Service agents inside. They gave me a respectful nod as Erica, Emma, and I sat down. We sat silently for the whole ride. When we arrived, the secret service agents escorted us to the Oval Office where President Stern and Cyrus Hale briefed Erica. Then the director of the Secret Service entered. His face was aged from experience. He began quizzing me on the information in the folder. I managed to get all of it right. Then Cyrus dismissed us. Again Secret Service agents escorted us back to the school. As we got out of the van they sped of.

............................................................................................................................................

The rest of the day went smoothly till lunch. Since I wasn't hungry I decided to go outside with Emma. We were heading to the target range when 50 people dropped down and ambushed me. I turned to Emma, "Run and tell Erica." I said attacking them. As she ran off I managed to finish the agents off, when I was sedated. The last thing I saw was Emma watching me in horror and then running of as everything went black.