White wings make you fly Ch.14

Chapter 14: Lost Memories

I was back in that room, it was dark I couldn't see anything. It was cold and silent, empty. As desperately as I wanted to scream I knew where I was, I was back in the room. Though I wanted to panic something told me to stay calm. Closing my eyes though it hardly made a difference, I sat calmly. I had been through this before; I could imagine anything I wanted and make it true in here. I kept my mind, my mind was only mine.

They can take what they want from me, whatever was on my back, my virginity, my kiss, my will, my voice, my body... anything they wanted but they would not take away my spirit or my mind, the very essence of me. They could lie to me, shove me, push me around, beat me until I'm bloody and can no longer move, but they could not take who I was. They could take away my life, but I would still be here, even if it was only in memory.

Memory... I didn't live in the castle all my life... they, who are they? They put me in here, who are they? I opened my eyes, the Seer lived here and Emilio came, Jur'ar resided here, and the master and-

Wait... here was not here because I left. Where was I?

"Princess-"

"She can't hear you now silly vampire, only I can. Now bite him!" Snapped Arisala.

I blinked a few times and the scene came into view, I was curled up in a ball near the wall and Emery had a collar around his neck once again. For a moment I looked at it all, Arisala flapping her wings with a strange blackness around her which stretched on a shadowy figure. It took me a moment for me to realize who the shadowy figure was, it was Alexandru.

"Ara!" He cried holding nothing in his arms, tears fell down his eyes as he clutched the nothingness. He sobbed like I had never seen anyone sob, before he cried out with a broken cry. "Don't leave me." He begged, "Don't go you're my only friend, you're my only... please... Ara don't do this, you're the white one you can't die."

"Bite him!" Screeched Arisala as blood ran down his whole body from his neck as he quite literally was being dragged by his collar to Alexandru.

"Ari!" I yelled. "You must stop this!"

Her head turned and she laughed. "Oh little sister, go back to bed." Though something about it sounded sincere it also sounded tainted and twisted with hate as the darkness came over to try and snake around me, but I saw it as clear as smoke from a fire. I put up my arms, my wings flapping away the strange smoke that she sent towards me.

"Ari, you must stop!"

She frowned spending more smoke my way. "Oh Arasala nothing is going on you're fine, we'll go have some tea in the garden soon."

"Stop it!" I demanded, my wings beating it away and making it disperse once more.

She hissed a look of pure hatred at me. "Arasala you, my dear sister, dare challenge me!?"

"I'm not here to challenge Ari, I know you're my sister, I know the prophecy. I don't want to kill you, and I won't even if I have to. But you must let Alexandru go, please I'm begging you."

"He will end the world; he cares for you and plans to take you away from me. So I will stop him from even being in existence!"

"Arisala please... I love him." I said brokenly getting down on my knees. "People aren't meant to be possessed, why do you think you're unhappy? If you want me to be here with you as your sister, then you will do this for me, please let him go."

She started at me for a few moments, and something in her seemed to soften, so she waved her arm and the collar fell off Emery and the blackness around Alexandru disappeared.

"Alexandru!" I yelled running over to him as he started bewildered at his empty hands. He turned confused as to how I went from his arms to running over to him. I jumped and hovered a moment before tackling him and throwing my arms around him.

"Ara." He gasped holding me close to him kissing me up and down my neck and my cheeks and eyes, anywhere he could. "I thought you where dead; I came looking for you when I couldn't find you. Suki confessed that she had betrayed you once she found out you where the white one, she said her love was trapped." He said crying.

"Shhh it's alright." I said softly curling my wings around him. "I'm here, I promise I won't leave."

"Oh Ara I was so worried about you-"

I screamed feeling something piecing my back, driven in far. Pain seared my entire body and I felt something in me begin to slip away as all my strength left my body. "Ara!"

"I would rather have the world end then see my cursed brother with someone he loves." Came a voice.

I felt myself slip somewhere between this life and the next, I couldn't hear anything or see anything, but I was still connected to my body. I wasn't in that room anymore, even if in a way I was. "Ara." Called a soft mother like voice.

I turned seeing a faint light in this strange fog of a place, I didn't know where I was but it all seemed to be alright. I followed the faint light, and came to garden that almost looked like a forest. An alter with a strange swirling mass of lights in it sat close to the trees. Near by was a woman with white cloths that seemed to float on her as if she where in water as did her hair. She looked familiar, though I couldn't place how.

"You've defeated your sister, and you've come back to me."

"Shea?"

She laughed with a friendly warm smile before she was suddenly before me wrapping me in a warm embrace; I felt the warmth like sun shining on my face but no actual person touching me. "Welcome back, I haven't seen you since you where a babe."

"You aren't my mother?"

"No, simply a spirit that wanders, to make sure all prophecies come to pass."

"Alexandru?"

"The time will come when the world must end, but what his understanding of an ending isn't always the same understanding of someone else's ending. Each prophecy has meaning, and now since yours has come to pass it is your job to set everything to rights."

"What do you mean to rights?"

"Oh Ara, you have seen so much bitterness and upsets in the world, so much conflict in which could likely be changed in a moment. People will do as they will, but there are moments in each person's life that can make a difference in the future."

"Doesn't that change who they are as a whole?"

"That is where you decide where it will change them or not. No one could alter you, so you know what an essence of a person is, and people will go on doing as they will. This is part of the reason why the white one is so powerful."

"What do you want me for?"

"Its time for you to rewrite history, and then you will continue to do what you where meant to do."

"What is it that I'm meant to do?"

"You are going to send back the gods."

"I don't understand."

"You don't have to, now go." She said disappearing, the forest/garden going with her so only the strange portal like place was there. I stared at it for a moment, wondering if I should. I mean prophecy or not I could stop right here and end it all, it was a choice. She told me it's what I'm meant to do as though I had no other choice. Like my path was written for me, something I personally didn't like. Here Shea was giving me all this power and expecting me to do as I'm meant to do, but who was to say what was or was not meant?

Closing my eyes I stepped into the bright light and felt the power grab a hold of me, I could feel everything. No matter what I was or was not meant to do, things where about to change.