White wings make you fly Ch.11

Chapter 11: Love's desire

I lay in bed, for what felt like hours even though perhaps it was only moments. For some reason all these prophecies, Aiden, Alexandru, this new girl. I felt tied down and lost, I didn't belong here, it was time to leave. "You can't leave, these people need you." The girl whispered. She was sitting in a chair beside my bed; I wondered how long she had been sitting there.

"Can you read thoughts?" I asked rubbing my eyes and stretching.

"Yes, every fox demon can, even one as mixed as me."

"What are you exactly?"

"I'm Suki; Imp, pixie, fox demon, human and my father could play with fire like a conjurer. All I can do is read minds and create fire." She said as she listed off her fingers.

"Ah." I said in a sigh. "I need to go, I need to be free."

"Free of what? You have everything you need or want here."

"No, the villagers look to me, if they found out I had white wings it would be my responsibility to do all these amazing things when I already know I cannot. I can hardly control conjuring fire or pushing someone back, I can't even fly."

"It just takes time."

"But how much time? They would expect it right away, and the only friend I made won't even accept me as a friend. There are so many prophecies it makes my head spin, all point to the end of the world!" I moaned holding my head as it throbbed with a headake.

"Ara, if you are the white winged one, the world is your dominion. You can go wherever you want but you can't just let these people's hopes and dreams be cast aside; you can change the world!"

"No I can't, I don't understand why people keep saying that."

"Because you can change the world no matter which white winged one you are. Prophecy or no, a white one has the power to change a lot of things, they are the exception to time its self." Came Alexandru's voice, my head turned quickly, and there he was in the doorway. He looked a little scratched up, but he seemed happy to be here.

"Alexandru are you alright?" I asked getting up and running over to him. Blood trickled out of his scratches, many of them shallow but they didn't seem to be closing.

"I'm alright my dear, just a bit of a fight with a tree."

My heart skipped a beat; he called me dear and not just dear but his dear. It shocked me but pleased me all the same whether he meant it or not. "How do we get them closed?"

"I just need to get some herbs from the Seer. I'll be alright but-" He paused and looked past me at the girl. "Who is she?"

"Ah she's-"

"None of his business." She snarled at him. "Leave him be, let him bleed until he dies the whole world would be better off."

"Suki!"

"No, don't fight with her she has a point..." He said pulling away from me so we where no longer touching.

"No she doesn't have a point!" I protested holding on to his waist about to cry. "You just said I could change the world prophecy or no right? Well I'm going to change this, I'm going to be your friend wither you like it or not."

"Ara-"

"No, you can deny it all you want but you are my friend, end of discussion." I paused turning to Suki. "As for you Suki, you have no right to treat him like that, sure maybe his prophecy is to end the world but yours is to kill the white winged one, something people would find just as horrible if not more from what I can tell, you don't see me running though."