Neverland

She remembered how on that one terrible day she saved her brother's life

She remembered how on that one terrible day she saved her brother's life. She had read countless legends on this place some wonderful , some dark and demonic. The stories had one thing in common the boys who went never came back. This is why when she saw the shadow she decided to take her brothers place , no matter what the cost. She thought maybe whatever kept the boys there would see that she was a girl and send her back.After all though the legends talked about the lost boys , but never once had they mentioned a lost girl.

Those were the thoughts that comforted her as the shadow took her to Neverland. She could see the island from a distance it looked dark and dreary. Could this truly be a place of joy for anyone?

They flew directly over the island which gave her a better view of the place

They flew directly over the island which gave her a better view of the place. It was just wilderness for miles , no matter in which direction she looked . She didn't see a building or a camp of any sort , nothing that indicated human life.She wondered who could live in such a place ? What if the island was uninhabited?

She wondered who could live in such a place ? What if the island was uninhabited?

The shadow set her down . The shadow had left her in a place filled with different trees.It was peaceful in a way , In a home with two younger siblings it's the first time she experienced some proper peace and quiet. Maybe Neverland isn't that bad . She remembered thinking. Maybe it was actually just a beautiful place. Maybe the legends had been twisted to make it seem like Neverland was a dark place. Who knows? After all stories do get distorted over time.

She waited for a few mins unsure of what to do. When would the shadow realise it's mistake? When would it come back to take her home? Would it come back? Would it be able to find her? Her logical mind told her to not rely on the shadow's magic and to stay put so that it could find her easily and she could leave faster but the part of her mind which had poured over the legends of Neverland and the existence of magic for so many evenings told her that she would never be this close to seeing such a place again. This was her one chance. She wanted to explore and see the place. She promised herself that she wouldn't wander very far just in case.

 She promised herself that she wouldn't wander very far just in case

She wandered for a while. Minutes turned into hours. She saw many mystical things. The trees which appeared ordinary had something shining at the very top. She swore she saw a woman with a tail in the sea as she walked past it. Soon she was going deeper into the island. She found a few signs of habitation. A few half eaten fruits , a rag here and there and strangely enough what seemed like an archaic weapon , a spear made with wood with a sharp stone at the end , it frightened her just a  bit what if the island was inhabited by savages or tribals of some kind?

She pushed the thought of that to the back of her mind , it was no use to hopelessly scare herself she would be off the island in just a couple of hours she told herself.

She walked deeper into the heart of Neverland where she found a beautiful waterfall . She admired its beauty , every drop looked like a shining pearl she knew it was important some how that it contained some sort of magic. But she had never read about such a waterfall in any legend .just as she was going closer to get a better look .She heard a voice.

"Having fun , love?" She turned around to see a handsome boy with brown hair and green eyes he was smirking , his eyes bore curiosity and at the same time some sort of darkness. He was strange but at the same time handsome . Her father had always been strict about boys and she had always dreamt about having a happily ever after  with someone she loved. But instead of love at first sight like in the fairytales she read , his aura made her want to kiss him but at the same time run as far away from his as humanly possible.

His eyes had a certain look in them , like he might slit her throat at any minute. But he still had an amused smirk on his face. "Quite an interesting new game" He remarked when he finally spoke. She didn't know what he meant so she stayed quiet. "What's your name?" He asked. She didn't say a word , she wasn't foolish and wouldn't tell a random boy her name. He was strange there was just something about him that she didn't trust at all. "I don't like to be kept waiting love" He moved closer to her when he said that , his voice now had an edge to it. She moved a few steps back before saying "Wendy , my name is Wendy Darling" She knew this probably wasn't the wisest decision but she didn't want to test her luck with this strange boy.

"Well that wasn't so hard , was it Darling . An interesting name I must say , It suits you darling" He said. The way he complimented her made him almost seem like the older boys back home at her school. The ones  of her age were not yet interested in the subjects of romance and dating but she had seen older boys try to flatter some of the girls her age . It made him seem almost boyish."How rude of me , I forgot to introduce myself , My name is Peter , Peter Pan"

She realised that her earlier instinct warning her to run had been unfortunately correct. While the modern versions of the story made him seem like a saviour and a hero for young children , someone who rescued them. The older versions she had read painted him as a psychopath who tricked children into leaving their families. He turned those children into savages and was a cruel leader to them.

He must have seen the look of fear that passed over her face as he chuckled "It seems you've already heard a lot about me love , let's have small chat"

A/N- I'M BACKKKK AND SO IS THIS FANFICTION, I wrote this over a year ago and now rereading this I see the amount of grammatical errors and plotholes I made without noticing so I'm editing the chapters I've already wrote and after I'm done I'll start writing new chapters.