Chapter 8 - The Sealed Deal

BEN POV

"Is there anything else that you would like to add on this list?" Courtney questioned.

"Nope, I'm good, what about you?" He took the papers and pen on the desk.

"All good too, now I can go." Courtney placed the glass on the table.

"Actually there are two more things we need to discuss." Ben added.

"Tell me." Courtney saw him getting antsy.

"My mother will celebrate her 51st birthday and we need to be there since it's the day she wants to announce my Engagement." He put a hand on his neck.

"When will it be?" She took the planner out.

"The party is in two months and it would be probably around dinner time." Ben informed her.

"I thought it was tonight seeing how tense you were." Courtney described his reaction earlier.

"Actually it's tomorrow, is that okay?" He cleared his throat.

"Whether I say no or yes it's part of the deal, so yes tomorrow will be fine." She confirmed.

"I just need to get your address so I can pick you up." Ben suggested casually.

"One minute -- here." She writes her home address and hand it over.

"Is this your apartment's address?" Ben waved the paper.

"I forgot it's my parents thanks for reminding me." She scolded herself for that.

"This is where my flat is." Courtney gave the hotel name and make sure to encircle it.

"Got it, thanks." Ben folded the paper and placed it

"So what's the last thing we need to talk about?" Courtney remembered.

"We need to get an engagement ring." Ben anticipated the need for that.

"We can wait until your mother's birthday, maybe a day before that." She recommended.

"But I don't know what your ring size and preferred cut." Ben furrowed his eyebrows.

"I'll tell you my ring size but no need to buy expensive jewelry, it's just for a show anyway so any cut will do, I don't mind." She suggested.

"Maybe it's best to pick it now we might forget that and besides you need to tell your parents that I'm back and I proposed remember?" Ben brought her dilemma.

"Oh shoot! I forgot about them." Courtney wants to face-palm herself.

"When do you plan telling your parents about us since they are insisting on your engagement in two-weeks?" Ben emphasized the days.

"I don't know yet normally on weekends I spend it with them but not right now." She played with her car keys.

"I understand." Ben nodded in agreement.

"Anyway I will message you or call you if I already did." Courtney offered.

"In that case mark my number to your contacts." Ben swapped phones with her.

Courtney typed in her number and save it on his list and Ben did the same with a twist on the registered name.

"Seriously you named yourself as hubby in my contacts?!" She read it out loud.

"Yup!" Ben winked at her.

"You're enjoying this aren't you huh? I should have known you're a big-headed man." She replied in disbelief.

"You're more beautiful when you're less grumpy." He came closer to her and touched her chin.

"Stop it! We are not in front of your mother or my parents so stop it." She leaned backwards on the couch.

"We can always practice so it's perfect on my mother's birthday." Ben went closer to her this time.

"Dream on Mr. Venoso, a deal is a deal no other things will happen." Courtney tried to convince herself.

Courtney swears her face is red as lobster within the close proximity they have. Ben on the other hand thought if she would be any woman, he will tap her but she can't do that to her because she is Zac's cousin and she is off limits.

"Are you sure about that? You know we can still change the contract." He is now a mere inch away from Courtney's face.

"What do you think you're doing?" Courtney is now palpitating.

Before she can even react Ben pulled her closer, this time Courtney decided to close her eyes and anticipated the kiss. When it didn't happen she opened her eyes and found Ben sitting back on his spot.

"You are the most gullible woman I have ever met; you really think I will kiss you." Ben smirked.

"You piece of shrimp!" She is on the verge of hitting the man in front of her.

"Maybe its better I backed out from this deal and marry the guy my parents wanted, at least he will not be as conceited as you." Courtney voiced out.

"You're not sure about that, he could be a pervert." Ben teased more.

"Why you ---!" She sounded desperate to curse.

"Is that the best you can do?" Ben tried to coax her more.

"You're such a big ash fall!" She took a deep breath like and tried to imagine that Ben is one of her patients.

"By the way your blush suits you." Ben kept going with his antics and began chuckling.

"What's so funny?" Courtney hears Ben burst out laughing so hard that tears began coming out on the side of his eyes.

"You're choice of words ha ha ha tried to amazes me, I am a piece of shrimp haha, ash fall really?" He answers between laughs.

"You are the most self-absorbed guy I ever met!!!" She hit Ben's hard chest.

"This most self-absorbed guy is your soon to be husband, baby." His statement is actually true.

"Are we done with the contract, if yes I better get going and leave you be?" Courtney asked in stern tone.

"Uhmm, yes we are - I'm sorry for teasing you let me make it up to you by having lunch with me." His tone is back to casual mode.

"Is that for real or another joke?" Courtney thought through his invite.

"I promise there will be no teasing." Ben made a promise sign.

"Fine." She surrendered.

Courtney began standing up after checking everything in her purse to see if she got everything. Ben stood up as well and placed the papers on his desk. 

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine