Chapter 3 - The Breakfast News

COURTNEY POV

After their call, Courtney finally logged off her account and shuts down her laptop. She head to the shower and think of an activity that she can do since its weekend. Normally she stays overnight at her Nic-Nic's house, they watch movies sometimes playing card games or simply talking anything under the sun until both of them fall asleep. When she was done getting ready she stepped out of her bedroom and joined her parents for breakfast.

"Are you listening to what your Papa is saying?" Mrs. Montini nudged her daughter's elbow to get attention.

Carlos Montini, 62 years old is the Head Surgeon and Founder of the hospital where Courtney clinic is located. He is married to his wife Ariana for 35 years now and they were blessed with one child after several miscarriage. They almost lost hope until one of their Colleague suggested vitro fertilization and after 11 years of trying with three failed attempt, they finally succeeded.

"I... uhm... sorry what were you saying again Papà?" Courtney bit her lip as a sign that she's anxious.

"We will have dinner with my business partners people in due settimane (two weeks)." Her father gave a serious tone.

"Have your calendar clear per quel giorno (for that day)." This time it was her father.

Mrs. Ariana Montini is 60 years old and retired Physician specializes in Internal Medicine Physician. Least to say Courtney was born to Family of Doctors that became part of her chosen field. Courtney is the total split image of her father; she got his eyes, but her 167 cm height and a blonde hair were taken from her mother.

"Can you do it without me after all its just dinner?" Courtney grabbed two slices of pancakes and made her coffee.

"It is important tesoro (sweetie) so please be here on time." Her father held her free hand.

"What makes this dinner any difference?" Courtney continued eating.

"It's about your Fidanzamento (Engagement)." Her Papà announced.

"CHE--COSA (WHAT)?!" Courtney spits the coffee.

"I said it's your Fidanzamento." Mr. Montini repeated making sure she heard it right.

"I am not going to get married with anyone." Courtney tried to calm herself.

"There are very well-known famiglia (family) and your Mamà is a very good friend with your future husband's mother." Her father ignored her detest.

"I'm only 24! There's a lot of goals that I still want to achieve, Mamà help me out here please." Courtney switched gaze to her mother.

"Your Mama can't help you because we both decided on this." He father looked at her while she remained seated.

"I'm not ready to be tied down, are you listening to me Papa?" Courtney lost her appetite.

"It's about time that you settle down and it's the only way to stop your obsession about this invisible guy that you claimed to be your boyfriend." Mr. Montini words left her dumbstruck.

"I'm not obsessed!" Courtney stood up.

"Sit down young lady! I will not tolerate your attitude in front of us that's not the way we raised you!" Mr. Montini's voice boomed inside the dining area.

"Why is it hard for you to believe me?!" Courtney mother's grabbed her hand.

"It's not that we don't believe you Tesoro, but the fact we haven't met this guy that you are quite fond of is very odd." Mrs. Montini voiced out.

"I told you it's because he is working overseas and the only time that we can talk is when its night because of time difference." Courtney gets on with her story just as always.

"Since you're communication with him is constant, I don't see any reason why you can't call this boyfriend of yours now." Her Papà dared.

"This is non-sense; you want me to call him in the middle of night just to prove that we are in relationship?" Courtney bravely said even though deep inside she is about to explode.

"That is a valid point." Her father insisted.

"Not going to happen, the point here is you planned my future-husband without even considering my opinion and feelings!" Courtney somehow turned the table.

"It's for your best Tesoro." Her mother gave her a concerned smile.

"What if I don't agree with that Engagement?" Courtney focused on her mother.

"We will shut down you clinica (clinic)." Mr. Montini got an authoritative tone.

"How could you! That's my bread and butter and I worked hard for it!" Courtney yelled in frustration.

"You have two weeks to decide about this, the clinic or the arrangement it's your call." Mr. Montini gave her no room for an argument.

"I can't believe you're doing this to me." Courtney's hands are now trembling.

"You will obey and respect our decision me is that clear Courtney Amber?" Her father reacted deathly.

Using full name when her father speaks made her realized that there is really no way to convince her parents.

"DON'T TALK ABOUT RESPECT WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW WHAT THE REAL MEANING OF IT!" Courtney screamed.

"NEVER DISRESPECT US!" Her father's hand went in contact to her right cheek.

"CARLOS!" Her Mamà pulled her husband to the side.

It was the first time her father lays hand on her. She is his princess and he doesn't even allow a mosquito to bite her porcelain skin. Mr. Montini seems to be shocked with his action wile Courtney felt anger.

"I HATE YOU!" Courtney last words before leaving her parents rooted on the spot.

She rushed to the garage; get in to her car without any idea where to go since her best friend is not around. She continued driving until she calms down and stumbled to a coffee shop.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine