THIRTEEN: BED REST

Will Solace was on duty that morning, and when he saw Althea walk in with a bloody shirt and a pained expression, he sighed loudly.

    "Seriously?" He threw his hands up in exasperation before gesturing to an empty cot. "I told you a week before you started training again. It's been, what, two days?" He exclaimed.

    She sat down on the cot and pulled her shirt up to expose the wound, rolling her eyes but already knowing the routine. "Sorry, Will." She said apathetically.

    He sent her a glare as he went to work. "No you're not." He muttered, and he poured some sort of solvent on a cotton towel. He pressed it to her side.

    "Shit!" She hissed, biting her lip so hard that she tasted blood. "That hurts."

    The healer narrowed his eyes at her. "Well, if you'd let yourself heal naturally, you wouldn't be here right now. So shut up and let me help you, alright?" He said.

    Althea closed her mouth, embarrassed.

    "You know," Will continued. "You, Nico, and Percy are the exact same. You get hurt and then you ignore all medical advice and end up even more hurt."

    She frowned at the comparison to Percy, about to reply but interrupted when Will shoved a rolled up cloth into her hands.

    "I'm about to stitch you up. You might want to bite down on this." He warned.

    She scoffed. "I think I'll be fine."

    He began to do the first stitch, and Althea let out a string of profanity so foul, it would've made Hades blush. She fumbled for the cloth and shoved it in her mouth, sinking her teeth into it and screaming.

    The pain seemed to go on for ages, and her voice eventually gave out from yelling so much.

    When he finally finished the stitches, Althea was sweating and panting, clutching the sheets of the cot tightly with white-knuckled fingers.

    "You couldn't have numbed me first?" She wheezed, and she propped herself up on her elbows to scowl at him.

    Will shrugged. "You're the one who didn't listen." He pulled her shirt back down over her abdomen and cleaned up the various medical supplies. "Now, since I don't trust that you're going to do what I say, you're on bed rest."

    "No way." She interjected, sitting up quickly but wincing at the movement.

    He put a hand on her shoulder and forced her back down. "Yes, way. You're on bed rest for two days. You're staying in this room, in this bed, for two whole days. No exceptions." He ordered.

    Althea huffed, frustrated. "What am I supposed to do for two days?" She whined at him.

    Smirking, he replied, "Read a book. Watch paint dry. Learn a new language. I don't care."

    "I know nine languages, and I can call you a bastard in every one of them." She said bitterly, and she flopped back down on the bed. She stared at the wooden beams holding the ceiling up and glared absently at them.

    Will laughed at her outburst, not saying anything in return before walking away from her.

    "Wait!" She called after him. "Can you at least keep me company?" She asked.

    He glanced over his shoulder at her. "I have training. But don't worry, I'll send someone to hang out with you." He wore a mischievous expression, one that made Althea worry about who exactly he would be sending.