Chapter 3

Kent was trying to suppress a smile as Miranda stormed out of her father's office.

He had a pretty good time watching her as she argued with Jaime Monteira. He was amused. Kahit pa matalim na naman siyang inirapan ng babae nang dumaan ito sa kanya ay hindi na niya iyon inalintana.

"Hay naku, I don't know what to with that daughter of mine anymore..." si Jaime habang inihahatid ng pananaw ang papalayong anak. Napapailing ito habang maraming nakaguhit na gatla sa noo nito.

He didn't know what to say so he remained mum. It was a father-daughter matter, and he had no business whatsoever to interfere.

"Why don't you court my daughter, Kent?" baling ni Jaime sa kanya.

Muntik na siyang mapaubo sa narinig. Siya, liligawan si Miranda? Para na rin siyang kumuha ng malaking bato upang ipukpok mismo sa kanyang sariling ulo.

"Gusto ko sanang lumagay na sa tahimik ang anak kong iyan nang matigil na sa mga pinanggagawa sa buhay niya. She already had enough of parties, adventure, and kissing a lot of toads. Pero hindi ko naman siya basta-basta maipagkakatiwala sa kung kani-kaninong lalaki lang. Of course, she was my only daughter. I want the best for her. I want someone like you, Kent. Someone nice, responsible and dependable."

Napatikhim siya. "You heard your daughter, sir," he politely said. "She doesn't like me."

Ano nga iyong sinabi ni Miranda kanina? Ah... that she doesn't go for nice guys because they will just bore her to death.

"But do you like her?" seryosong tanong nito sa kanya. "You know, hijo, my daughter is a very beautiful woman. Hindi ka naman madedehado sa kanya kapag nagkataon." He peered at him behind his glasses.

Bigla yatang uminit ang couch na kinauupuan niya. Miranda's lovely face pierced his mind. Her doe eyes looked at him as if she was fluttering her eyelashes. But then, her arched, stubborn brows snapped shut his imagination. And the beautiful face morphed into what she really was - a lovely, hardheaded bitch.

No, she wasn't his type. If she didn't dig nice guys, well, he didn't covet bitches, too. Simpleng babae lamang ang gusto niya. Iyong mabait, madaling pakitunguhan at masarap kasama. She must be nice and a decent woman, a wife material, ika nga. And surely, Miranda wasn't a bit of it.

But he wouldn't deny that Miranda could make his imaginations go wild. She could make his libido surge to higher heights. Her alluring beauty and tempting curves could give Cleopatra a run for her money.

He could bang her really hard til she couldn't walk anymore. He wondered if how would it feel to be inside her molten core. How the hell would it be if he was slipping in and out of her velvety sheets. How would the bitch purr if he was ramming hard into her.

He cussed silently when he felt his body's reaction. His manhood stirred, and he groaned in distaste when his groin throb in pain. Damn bloody erection! He was rock hard, so fvcking hard, that he stopped breathing for a moment.

Kaagad na nirendahan niya ang itinatakbo ng kanyang isipan. He wasn't the kind who would perve over a woman on his mind. Nirerespeto niya ang mga babae. His mother raised him to be respectful to all kinds of living creatures especially women. But Miranda could make him go astray. There was something about the woman that could feed his suppressed perverted tendencies. Lalo na kapag pinagmamalditahan siya nito. May nabubuhay na bahagi ng pagkatao niya.

"Kent?" untag sa kanya ni Jaime.

Napakurap siya. He swallowed hard and composed himself. What the fudge? Kung saan-saan na yata napadpad ang kanyang isipan.

"Do you like my daughter?" ulit nito sa tanong.

He cleared his throat. "It's a public knowledge, sir, that your daughter is a very beautiful woman," panimula niya. "Any man would fall for her. Pero ipagpaumanhin po ninyo. Hindi ang tipo ni Miranda ang gusto kong mapangasawa."

Malalim na napabuntong-hininga si Jaime. Mukhang na-disappoint sa narinig. "You know what, Kent? My daughter maybe bitchy, but believe me, she's a sweet girl inside. She only has to meet the right man for her to step back and shift her goals in life."

"I think your daughter needs someone who could break her horns, sir," he shared his opinion with due respect.

Sandaling napaisip si Jaime. Pero maya-maya ay napailing. "No, I don't think so, Kent. I know my daughter. Ma-pride iyan at mataas ang ire. Hindi iyan magpapatalo. Hindi niya kailangan ng lalaking babali sa sungay niya. Gulo lang ang kalalabasan niyon. What she needs is a kind and very patient man who could put up with her petty antics. Iyong hindi sasabayan ang init ng ulo niya kapag sinusumpong."

Well, he could be Miranda's great fvckner, but he doubted if he could be her ever kind and patient husband. He could be short-tempered sometimes, and not a lot of people knew that.

Sa kabila ng kabaitan niya ay normal naman siyang lalaki. At gaya ng karamihan, he had the hots for Miranda. Siguro kung ang pinag-uusapan lamang nila ni Jaime ay casual hookup involving his daughter, maybe he would consider the idea. But they were talking about marriage. It was a very important matter, something that should be decided very thoroughly upon considering it.

And they were talking about Jaime's prized possession, his one and only child. Surely, he would smear blood on his face if his boss would know about what was going on in his bloody mind. He just wanted to get inside Miranda's pants, but he had no plans walking with her down the aisle. And no father would be happy with that.

He stopped the flow of his perverted thoughts. Hindi iyon makabubuti sa kanya, sa kanila. Baka magdudulot lang iyon ng lamat sa magandang relasyon nila ng big boss. He was a pleaser, alright, kaya nga madali siyang nakapalagayang loob ni Jaime, pero hanggang trabaho lamang iyon. Ibang usapan na kung sa personal na bagay na sila hahantong.

"Don't worry, sir, your daughter will find her match soon," pagkokonsola niya sa problemadong big boss. At para na rin mailihis ang topic nila.

"Sabagay..." Muli itong nagpakawala ng isang malalim na buntong-hininga. "Anyways," baling nito sa kanya sa business-like na tono.

And he heaved a sigh of relief. They could talk about work-related matters now, and not about Miranda anymore.

"How's the feasibility study of the new Monteira hotel that we're aiming to put up in Kuala Lumpur?"

Malapad siyang napangiti. "All good, Sir Jaime," confident na sagot niya. "I have already the detailed report. We can thoroughly discuss details now and go into specifics."

"Great, Kent!" Malugod na napangiti si Jaime. "Let's go to the conference room and discuss more about this." Tumayo ito at naglakad palabas ng opisina nito.

Tumango siya at tumayo na rin. Sabay silang lumabas at nagtungo sa conference room.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to VOTE and leave a COMMENT.

xoxo!!!!