Chapter 7

Hayley's POV

"Look who's abducted another female." says a sarcastic voice as we walk through the entrance to the mini library.
"Nice to see you too, Riley." Ethan rolls his eyes but smiles next to me. Lying sideways with his legs rested on the arm of a sofa, is a boy who looks a couple of years older than us. He gets up and walks or more like struts I think, towards us, grinning.
"Hayley, Riley. Riley, Hayley."
"Hi." He has wavy strawberry blonde hair that keeps falling in his eyes and keeps flicking back and grey- blue eyes. He's taller and heavier built than Ethan but they have about the same muscularity.
"We have a situation." Ethan begins to tell Riley, "Remember how it's been quiet for a while... Yeah things have changed."

By the end of going over what's happened and Ethan's what he calls 'ingenious' plan, Riley is staring off somewhere chewing the inside of his lip.
"Dammit I thought I get some more time of not having to be stressed out or necessarily doing anything time." he finally says as though it's a big blow for him. It probably is.
"Yeahhh, I miss that hobby it's almost as hard to be able to do as being normal." Ethan replies sighing deeply. I snigger.
"Okay, anyway your right, we are going to need more than just us to stop Valentine." Riley finally begins to get serious (I was beginning to wonder if he could.) "I'll get Scarlet." He walks off
"Who's Scarlet?" I wonder out loud
"Lana's younger sister." Ethan tells me "she's one year younger than me."
"And your.....16?"
He nods and starts walking over towards a shelf, running his finger along the borders of books before resting on an old tatty looking one, pulling it out and setting it down on a side table.
"We're going to need a couple of these." He says and Riley, Lana and a girl who must be Scarlet walks thorough one of the other entrances to the library, a big, bright room with a high ceiling and book shelves that stretch up to the ceiling surrounding the clearing where they were standing. It has a homely feel to it, with the Medieval looking fireplace, velvety burgundy carpet with matching armchairs and sofa. It's majestic, like the rest of the place. I could get used to this, I think.
"Hayley this is Scarlet." Riley gestures to her. Scarlet, like her sister is tall for her age, but not quite as tall as Lana, I feel a bit average next to them, her hair is more brunette than blonde and a bit wavier. Her glasses frame her face but apart from that she has the same face shape and build as Lana. I can see their resemblance.
She smiles, "hi, I heard your J.K Rowling's apprentice."
"Um, yeah." I reply
"I love her books, they're soooo good. Have you been to the Wizarding world?"
I grin. Another Potterhead. "Yup."
"Oh my gods, your so lucky. My Tutor's John Green I don't get the best worlds."
"Well I'm sure we can go to the Wizarding world sometime," I reply, I like this girl, "she probably wouldn't mind."
Ethan interrupts us. "Hate to burst your bubble but we won't be able to know if she would mind or not because she has currently been captured by an evil psychopath."
"Oh yeah, sorry." shrugs Scarlet.
There is a pause "Hayley have you ever fought before other than before you met me?" Ethan randomly pipes up.
"I got to a black belt in Karate and did a bit of Archery, does that count?" I recall
Lana nods, joining the conversation from previously flicking through one of the books Ethan got of the forest of shelves. "What we're going to attempt is going to need more than that though. I think we need a day to get ready, maybe train you up a bit. Who agrees?"
There is muttering of approval and they decide who will teach me what. In the end Ethan is teaching me hand held, short distance weapons and identifying enemies. Riley, long distance weapons and firearms. Lana hand-to-hand combat. Scarlet- spells and apothecary. They walk off to get ready for tomorrow, I am left with Ethan. Suddenly something dawns on me.
"Wait, are there any adults here?"
"Of course," he replies "Why wouldn't there be?"
"Oh I haven't seen any."
"Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it's not there." he replies sceptically
"Why arn't we getting them involved? This seems like something they should know about."
"It's not their job. Authors have various jobs as adults manly to keep an eye out for anything going wrong but they usually arn't warriors past the age of around 30. They're all trained thought at this age."
"Oh." I suddenly feel younger and it realise something - No one at home knows where I've gone. I live in an apartment with friends of mine and, I check my watch. 8:45. They would have been home 3 hours ago, expecting me there. "Where do you guys live?" I ask.
"Oh yeah, generally in a particular one of these places. But any one will accept you if you need somewhere to stay while travelling. That reminds me." He gestures for me to follow him and we walk back through the hall into an entrance I saw previously. Accommodation. It is a huge circular room that reminds me of a reception at a hotel, all shiny marble and granite, with a chandelier and a couple of decorative plants every now and then. There are doors circling around the whole room except the entrance, and above them another balcony of doors. All with numbers on them. He walks up to door 14.
"This is my room, room 15 is free."
I notice the key in the door of room 15 and turn it. The room is nice, quite plain but then no ones lived in it. There is a little living room joint onto a mini kitchen. I walk through a door into a bedroom with a double bed and realise how tired I am. the door opposite the bedroom is the bathroom/ laundry room. I notice Ethan watching me whilst leaning against the door way to my room.
"What do you think? You can do whatever you want with it."
"Really? Even cover it in glitter if I wanted to?"
He smiled "You're starting to sound like Magnus Bane but yeah you could." He paused, "You're not planning on doing that are you?"
I shake my head smiling, and Ethan closes the door behind us. We sit down on the little green sofa.
"How long have you been here?" I ask him.
"I'm estimating I was 8 or 9 when I first came here. See as far as I know, my parents were muggles, mundanes whatever you want to call them. I started seeing things my parents couldn't and they tried to convince me it wasn't true. They had doctors in and everything, but I knew I wasn't going mad. We started to have disagreements, they were embarrassed by me. Eventually I ran away. Riley's Mum found me and realised that I was like them. She raised me with Riley like her own son. The weird thing is, my parents were always a bit weird around me, like they knew something. I also had a stepfather," He adds, "I've never met my real father." He says it more positively than I ever could have. He looks at me with his multicoloured eyes. "What about you, what's your story?"
"Compared to yours it's not very interesting. I live with some of my friends, go to a normal school, have a normal apartment."
Just as he is about to reply, the door knocks. I get up and open it, Scarlet stands in the door way. "How did you know I was here?" I ask her
She looks at Ethan who is taking his dark blue hoodie off. I notice a craft rune near the top of his arm, poking out from under his white top. I forgot Authors can have runes.
"You didn't tell her?" Scarlet asks him
"Should I have?"
She looks back at me, "Ethan texted me to get you some clothes." she gestures the carrier bag she is holding.
I look over at Ethan who is running his hand through his hair whilst looking at me, and then I turn my head back to Scarlet. "Thanks so much."
"Well we figured you probably be here a while." she replies "so here," she passes me the bag. I smile at her. "I've got to get back, I told Lana I'd be quick." She turns around to go and then stops. "Oh yeah forgot to say, my room is number 12 and Lana's is 11 if you ever need us." She walks off. I close the door, put the bag on the small table in the kitchen and look at Ethan.
"What is it?" He look concerned
"I just....can't believe it. Everything's changing, it's crazy."
"I know." His voice is soft "It must be hard for you, one moment having a normal life the next being dragged into something you weren't expecting." he put his hand on my arm. "I want you to know, if you need me, I'm here. I need to go now though."
I smile,"Okay, thanks."
"I'll see you tomorrow." he walks towards the door and opens it. "Oh and Hayley," I look up, "about your life being uninteresting and normal, your story is about to become far from normal." he grins and closes the door behind him.
I go to the bed and lie down. Its been a long day.

A/N: OMG it has been a long day! But I really enjoyed writing this chapter with the new characters anyways so I hope you enjoyed it too!
Man, Ethan is getting hot, Lana is getting sassy and I am getting into writing this.
Also, random but YEAY MAGNUS GLITTER REFERENCE! (I ship Malec a lot)
Comment something (don't care what) maybe which characters you like or what you think of which characters, or whatever, Be imaginative!
Oh also (shameless self promotion here guys) I have written another story! Well it's not really a story more like lots of little plot twists and headcanons. It's called PLOT TWISTS AND EXTRA BITS and so far it has some Percy Jackson, Divergent, TFIOS, the Hunger games, Harry Potter and The Mortal Instruments plot twists in it and I am constantly updating it! Pleaaaase have a look at it guys cuz if you are reading this then you must be in at least a couple of the above fandoms so I think you'll like it.
As always
Happy reading!!! 😝
- J