Part 1 Fangirl

Chapter 1
Now where was I? I think, flicking through the pages of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, I have read it before. Three, four times? But I love it so I'm reading it again. You see, reading books is my escape, what I do in my free time. I am a big fangirl. Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Divergent, Percy Jackson, the Mortal Instruments, they're my life apart from school and friends obviously. I have just finished reading the Fault in Our Stars and I cried myself to sleep the night before last. I find the page I'm on and metaphorically sink into the book. I'm about a chapter in when I yawn, it's been a long day I think as my eyes roll off the page and close as I fall asleep.

My eyelids flutter open. I feel for my book at my feet, instead finding a smooth quilt. Wait. A QUILT?! My bed has a blanket on it! I sit up, confused, as shock bigger than I've ever felt fills my body from head to toe. I rub my eyes. No. It can't be real. I am in a large circular dormitory where each bed seems to be decorated with red and gold drapes and hangings. On each hanging and on the carpet is a medieval looking crest with a lion in the middle and a Latin inscription. I'd recognise that crest anywhere.
I stumble up whilst I stare at the Gryffindor girls common room around me... and walk straight into a cabinet. Nope, definitely real. I dust myself off, realising that I am wearing Hogwarts robes, at least I'll blend in. That's when I realise no one else is around. How can this get any weirder?, I think.
Down the steps I find out that I'm not the only one here. A middle aged lady with blonde mid-length hair sits in an armchair in front of the burning fire. She turns around, the confusion on her face mirrors the yet more shock on mine.

Staring back at me is the author of the very book I was just reading, the creator of the school I'm standing in.
J. K Rowling.

Hey guys this is my first story so I hope you like it! Will be continued shortly but here's just a taster. :) Might as well leave it on a cliff-hanger. 😉 Happy Reading! -J