Chapter 6

Ethan's POV

"A library." She says, staring up at the large building we landed on the steps of.
"The perfect place for an Author, don't you think?" I reply
"Wow." She says under her breath. There is a moment we both just look up at the huge library hiding at the corner of a street in the quieter part of London, unnoticed by many, even though is it so majestic. I look over at her. How did this happen? My tutor is kidnapped and I just happen to stumble upon this girl who is a trainee Author like me. Her dark golden curls go down to just above her elbows and her black skinny jeans she wears that compliment her nicely. She is pretty, very pretty. She seems nice as well. We are silent for a bit and then we both realise that we're still holding hands. We drop them. Dammit that was awkward.
"We should go" I say to cover it up.

The lady at the desk looks up at us. "Can I help you?"
"Yes you can help us," I answer and then lower my voice "We're here because of the fiction."
The lady's facial expression changes to realisation.
"Go to the back of the room first corridor on the left and second door on the right." she tells us
"Cheers"
As we head towards the corridor, Hayley asks me "What was that all about."
"You've already seen how desirable our powers are, we have to keep everything secret, what I said there was our code word."
"But it seems like quite a normal thing to say, what if someone said it without meaning the code?"
I laugh. "It's happened, the person at the counter usually replies with what she said to us and the customer just gets confused and walks away."
We reach the door and I type in the code on the panel. 2997
"It's the year the first Hunger Games began" I tell Hayley "Something only an Author would know."
The door opens and we walk inside the familiar place. There are a few people here, they're most likely all Authors but there could be some guests. Branching off the main hall there are various archways all with a different sign above like Apothecary, Hospital, Library, Weapons, Accommodation. Everything here looks so magnificent, with the high ceiling and white marble pillars.
"Sooo, why are we here again?" Hayley looks over at me.
" I've got a plan on how to stop Valentine," I recite what I have been coming up with, in my opinion it's a pretty good plan and it'll be fun, but it'll also be dangerous. "Valentine will be rounding up some of the most powerful Authors, and he'll have help doing it. We won't be able to stop this by ourselves."
"So what are we gonna do?" She asks
"I don't know about you but I don't think Valentine will be working with ammatures, so we need some of the best to help us. And by that I mean Harry Potter, Katniss Everdeen, Percy Jackson." I grin, she stares at me, wide eyed.

We enter the weapons section and a tall girl with dark blonde hair just past her shoulders walks ups to us.
"Hi Ethan," she say to me, she seems quite excited to see me,
"Hi Alana" She looks over at Hayley confused, "Oh this is Hayley, she's an Apprentice too, J.K Rowling's. Hayley this is Alana she's Veronica Roths Apprentice."
"Nice to meet you Alana." They shake hands.
"Call me Lana." Lana gestures that she needs to talk to me.
"Um Hayley feel free to have a look around the room." I say
"Oh ok." She gets it. She walks off and Lana lowers her voice,
"What are you doing? You've know this girl for what, a day" I cut her off,
"Half a day."
"And you're just bringing her into one of the most secretive places in the world? What's wrong with you?"
"I think we can trust her." I reply, there's something about her big brown eyes that tells me I can, "and besides," I continue, "it's unlikely that she accidentally travelled worlds and just happened to know that people who can are called Authors and that she was an apprentice of one."
Lana looks around, irritated, like she doesn't believe me. I don't care whether she does or if she doesn't, someone needs to know about Valentine.
"Where's Riley?" I ask, wondering where my older room mate is.
"He was in the library the last time I saw him." she tells me.
"Ok thanks." I turn around and call out for Hayley still noticing a annoyed look in Lana's eyes- it looks like- a bit like jealousy! I wonder what's got into her.
"Coming." Hayley yells to me in her clear voice. I walk towards the sound.
"Had a nice little chat with Lana that you didn't want me to hear?" She say innocently, smirking at me.
I roll my eyes but smile. I like this girl. "Come on there's someone I need to introduce you to."

A/N Hello People I am sooooo sorry it has taken my aggggess to update but I have been really busy and have been thinking about what to do next. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter in Ethan's point of view. Comment what you think of him and the other characters or what you think might happen or just comment whatever you like, I don't really care. So yeah. Happy Reading 😝- J