The One With Conversations

I'm late to updating yet again. I'm sorry, no excuses. Though I am writing a new story! It's a CM, Spencer/OC. It's one of my favorites and I'm super, super excited for you guys to read it when it's completed. I have 27 chapters written right now, I hope to be done soon. It's writing the summary that I'm struggling with. But I'm super excited to start posting it!

Thank you so much for reading and reviewing!

Words: 2,346

_____________________________

"I'm starting to believe he doesn't exist."

"Ask Riley, he's' met him!" Robin almost shouts at her friend, leaning across the table while gesturing to the young waiter next to them.

"Don't bring me into this." He says, holding up his free hand and backing away a step as both women sitting at his table laugh.

"Ah, she's seen pictures, she's just messing." Robin waves them both off, leaning back in the booth.

"Guilty." Marisa holds her hands up in surrender, smiling over at her friend. "I was just excited to finally meet him."

"I know, I know," Robin sighs. "He was excited to meet you too, but you gotta understand, his work is-"

"Demanding?"

"For lack of a better word." Robin nods to her friend, scooting over when Riley sits next to her.

"I think it's cool." The young man states, looking between both women. "FBI agent. I wanted to be a cop when I was a kid."

"You still are a kid." Robin tells the nineteen-year-old, raising a single eyebrow at him.

"Am not. And you're only a few years older than me." He defends, looking down at her. He was younger but much taller than she was, even sitting down. His sandy brown hair falling over his forehead, stopping just above his green eyes.

"Aren't you working?" The young woman questions him, her serious demeanor cut out by the smile on her face.

"Eh," The boy shrugs, pulling out his phone. "I'm on break."

"Okay." Marisa mumbles, leaning forward again to lace her hands together, her bright red nails standing out against her tan skin. "Well, I want to meet this 'perfect man' already. So as soon as he gets back..."

"I will let you know." Robin nods once to her friend. It's Thursday and Spencer was still working on that case but he'd said he didn't think it would be much longer before he gets back. "We can do dinner or something."

"I already can't wait." The dark-haired woman says. "I don't have a man so I have to live vicariously through you."

"You could literally ask any person, man or woman, in this room to go out with you, and they'd say yes."

"But none of them could keep up with me." Marisa says like it's obvious and Riley snorts without looking up from his phone.

"Hm, true." Robin hums in agreement. "Anyway, it is late, my folks, I gotta head out."

"Late?" Riley questions, finally looking up. "Wow, you really are old."

"Okay, mister, first of all, move. Second of all, do you have to work from seven pm to one am tomorrow? Yeah, didn't think so."

"Oh, I'm gonna stop by around eight-thirty, okay?" Marisa tells Robin while she slides from the booth.

"Alright." Robin nods as she slips on her jacket. "See you then. Riley, stay out of trouble."