The One With Dinner

Words: 3,033

____

Morning light shines through the bedroom window, struggling to push its way past the cracked curtains. The single beam of light highlights the two bodies lying on the bed, cuddled close to each other.

Spencer stares up at the ceiling, relishing in the weight of Robin's head resting on his chest. His arm wraps around her, his hand resting just under her shirt, fingers tracing the small scar on her side she got when she was a kid from falling off her bike. Such a simple thing, lots of kids fall off their bikes, scrape their knees, hands. That's all she would have walked away with if it hadn't been for the sharp rock.

"Three stitches." Robin's soft voice flows into his ears. "Did I tell you that already?"

"Mm-hmm." Spencer hums, his fingers never stopping their movements.

"You still asleep?" She asks him, propping her chin in his chest to see his face. They'd gotten to sleep late the night before, paying no mind to the time as they talked.

"A little." Spencer mumbled, picking up his head to look down at her, lifting his free hand to move a strand of hair behind her ear. "I'm an idiot."

"Technically you're a genius," Robin tells him, moving her hand to rest under her chin. "But, I agree with the idiot thing."

Snorting, Spencer lets his head fall back onto his pillow. He can't argue that. Not when he almost let her walk out of his life. Almost told her too. He had been stupid, there was no denying that. "Let's stay here all day."

"Sounds nice." Robin sighs, snuggling closer into his chest. "But uh," She starts again, a little more hesitantly. "We have other responsibilities and I really gotta pee right now." Spencer's chuckle vibrates through his chest and Robin turns her head, hiding her smile in his shirt. "Be right back." Reluctantly moving from under the covers, Robin kisses Spencer's forehead before rushing off to the bathroom.

Without her next to him, Spencer feels beyond cold. How could he have been about to tell her to leave his life forever? He thinks back to the night before, the words she had said to him while holding his face in her hands. "Never think you're not good enough. There's no one better." There had been many more words said between them but those stuck with him.

"What you thinking about?" Robin's voice snaps him back to the present and he looks up to see her standing in the doorway, looking down at him.
"You." He answers simply, sitting up and throwing his legs over the bed, holding his arms out when she approaches.

"Hm, well, don't think too hard." She smiles down at him, brushing his hair back from where she stands between his legs, his hands resting on her hips. "Want breakfast?"

"I'll make it." It's the least he could do, he thinks. He's only grateful she isn't pissed at him. Had accepted him back like she had.

"We'll do it together. Come on." Placing a kiss to her covered stomach, Spencer lets her pull him up and they both walk into the kitchen to start cooking.

Measuring out the ingredients, Robin pauses as a smirk grows on her face. After everything that happened the day before, she was ready to forget about it, move on. So, grabbing a handful of fluffy white flour, the young woman turns to her boyfriend. "Hey, Spence," She calls, making him turn to her, only to receive a chest full of flour. "Oops."

Mouth agape, Spencer looks down at his now white shirt, rubbing some of the power from his face. "Oops? People usually say that when something is an accident." He says while slowly moving towards her.