Skipping...

Wanderings and wonderings...

 Ananke and Herald were flying back to where she had originally come from, a strange deja vu for the mortal and god inside her mind. This time there was no phone call to her therapist, no doubting of her sanity, and strangely enough, this time there was more of a sense of her actions. Almost despite the absolute madness of her recent exploits, Ananke was starting to feel again. Nothing major at first but she found herself almost faintly excited to be moving forwards, to something new. So it was almost painfully inevitable that she dreamt of something old on the long flight towards home.

Ananke's wedding day had started out with perfect conditions. The sun was bright overhead, the air was crisp and cool without being bone numbingly cold and the snow on the ground looked etched in crystal. Her husband to be Andru was standing with his back to her, the broad shoulders of his muscled body looking good under the expensive fabric of his tuxedo. The echoed memories of her wedding day held traces of with excitement, anxiety, hope and a blinding love. She had nearly flaoted over the ground between them to wrap her arms around his waist, careless of the supersticions surrounding the wedding day.

Andru's laughter was bright and happy and he held her arms close, pulling her hand up to kiss the fingers delicately. The memory wasn't forced to follow linear constraints and when Andru turned to look at Anake, it was suddenly the moment she had come down the aisle to wed him properly. The Ananke of memory was amazed once again by how handsome he was and the happiness in his eyes at being married to her.

"Ana..." Andru breathed, ignoring the church full of people around them, ignoring even the propriety of their setting and just coming to grab her hand. As if he were afraid she'd run away from him.

Another small jump in time and the memory had their wedding kiss. The Ananke of memory swooned with feminine delight but 'nake was starting to fight the memory, waking up as much as she could and realizing that she didn't want to endure the brief moments of happiness and naive she had with her ex husband. It just tore new wounds into her and with the numbness thawing slightly more and more it hurt in a way she wasn't ready to face yet. And still the memory endured.

Chronos was watching it from her point of view, the intimacy of the memories not allowing them any other perspective. And it astonished him to feel her strength of emotions then compared to her barrenness of them now. It was like he was watching the memories of an entirely different soul wearing the same flesh. He wondered what it was that had occured for the love and happiness of this memory and the man in it to gain such a powerful revulsion to 'nake now. He also wondered why this memory was cropping up now of all Times. There had to be a reason for it, something that Thanatos and Mnemosyne had hidden from her, or needed to remind her of for the task ahead. But Chronos wasn't sure of which it was yet. And with 'nake doing her utter best to halt the memory, he might never find out. So despite the emotional pain it caused her, Chronos held them anchored to the dreaming memory.

When he realized the moment of the memory though, even Chronos tried to pull them free, but it was far too late. He was witnessing her wedding night and the Father of Time had no desire to be aware of his host in a sexual manner. He had seen many intimate moments, had been the paramour in even more and there wasn't much he hadn''t born witness too in Time, and yet he still felt the uncomfortable urge to blush at intruding. Besides, he had never experiences the event inside a woman's body.

Ananke of the memory was undressed and helping pull the layers of clothing off of her brand new husband, both of then nervous and laughing. It surprised Chronos to be suddenly aware of the fact that Ananke had been a virgin and it made him deeply disturbed that she now held such hatred for the man she had given herself to back then. It was a strange discord between the Ananke that was brimming with love, desire and excitement and the 'nake that was terribly cold and filled with a biting numbness. With the memory unstoppable, and seemingly unwilling to jump through time now that both witnesses wanted to skip the scene, they were a part of the memory as Ananke and Andru cosumated their marriage in a very vigorous and primal fashion. Chronos did his best to remain analytical about the whole manner, finding himself surprised at Andru's almost willnig submissiveness to Ananke's blooming sexual discovery and frankly impressed with Ananke's own adventurousness. Their passion was infectious and it leeched from the memory to flush both witnesses. It was uncomforably arousing for the God who had no body of his own, and even more painfully awkward for the mortal who's flesh he wore and who's memory it was.  Chronos could feel 'nake continuously try to pull them out of the memory until the entire scene had played out and yet at the same time he knew she was as aware of it as he was. There was a reason she needed to be reminded of this moment in specific, although Chronos still hadn't figured out what it was.