Chapter 07: Happy Birthday Isaac

After Stiles spoke with Lydia and told her what was going on she promised that she would visit every weekend, she wasn't about to let the bond they'd had disappear like Scott had. Lydia tried to talk sense into Scott telling him that Stiles was still the same person as he'd always been, just different, those were the words that Stiles and Jane had told her to use.

November 30, Isaac's eighteenth birthday. Stiles wanted to do something special for Isaac, that didn't involve going anywhere. She still wasn't comfortable with going to far from home and that was okay with Noah. Derek and Jane figured that Argent should be involved as he'd been Isaac's legal guardian. Jane suggested that Melissa be invited too as she'd played a part when Isaac had first become a werewolf. Stiles wanted Lydia there so that she could see how she was.

"Jane?" Stiles called as she fell out of bed and landed awkwardly on the floor before she started to cry. "Jane!" Isaac had gone for an early morning run with Derek while Stiles was asleep.

"I'm coming," Jane called back as she got out of her own bed and headed straight for Stiles' bedroom. "What happened?" Jane asked as she got to the bedroom door and couldn't see where Stiles was.

"Rolled and fell," Stiles mumbled sniffling as she felt a shooting pain from her right leg. "Help?"

"Of course sweetheart," Jane walked over to Stiles and quickly crouched down on the floor beside her before sitting and pulling her into her arms. "We'll sit here for a minute okay?" Stiles nodded and relaxed into her sisters arms. "You didn't land on your stomach did you?" Stiles shook her head, she'd managed to her arms out in front of her.

"No, my arms stopped that...but it didn't stop me from landing on my leg," Stiles answered wiping at the tears that had been falling down her cheeks.

"It's alright Sti, take a deep breath and we'll get you back up into bed," Jane smiled at her before she kissed her cheek and was back in a crouching position.

"Wheelchair for today?" Stiles asked, she hadn't used it since she'd gotten the leg brace on but now her leg was aching and she didn't think she could manage the crutches.

"That might be an idea," Jane answered as she helped Stiles to sit on the bed. "Where did you and Isaac last have it?"

"I think Isaac's room," Stiles told her, before she was collapsing backwards on the bed with her hands resting on her stomach. "Ice pack?"

Jane rolled her eyes and headed into Isaac's bedroom and grabbed the wheelchair taking it back into Stiles. Stiles almost immediately hobbled into it with Jane helping to put her leg onto the leg rest. Stiles grinned at her sister before she was manoeuvring herself in the wheelchair from the bedroom and out to the kitchen. Stiles stopped in front of the fridge and pushed herself to standing up before she opened the freezer and pulled out the ice pack sitting back down again and resting it against her thigh.

"Is dad still getting the cake?" Stiles asked spinning the wheelchair around as Jane walked into the kitchen.

"Yeah, he's getting the cake and Argent's picking up some bread rolls...why you wanted to give Isaac a birthday barbecue I'll never know," Jane said as she checked to make sure that the meat had defrosted.

"Because I don't think he's had a birthday since his mom died," Stiles admitted, she was sure that Isaac hadn't had one since either Camden or his mother had died. "He does have anyone like I've got you and dad,"

"Correction, you have Derek too, and so does Isaac now. He has the four of us," Jane smiled at Stiles, causing Stiles to smile broadly at her as she manoeuvred from the kitchen. "Where do you think you're going? You said you'd help me with salad,"