Chapter 02: Close To Your Chest

Three days later and Stiles was being let out of the hospital, Noah had decided to pull Stiles out of school and let him finish the year out being home schooled by Jane. Stiles didn't want anyone to know that he wasn't finishing school, at school so was intent on hiding out at his sister's. He was going to be either confined to a wheelchair, recliner or bed. Stiles was the only one of the pack that knew Derek was living with and dating his older sister and had been for a while. Once Stiles was comfortably in Jane's house he decided to talk, he'd told Parrish everything that he remembered the day he was attacked but that wasn't what he wanted to talk about.

"Janey..." Stiles trailed off as Noah accidentally knocked his leg and hit one of the pins holding it place. "Fuck!"

"Shit, sorry son," Noah said, Stiles glared at him before he let him sit down next to him.

"Sti, I've got to run out for like an hour..." Jane said, causing Stiles to pout at her and then give their father the side eye. "He's sorry, Stiles. I'll be back I promise,"

"Pain killers?" Stiles questioned, Jane shook her head Stiles wasn't getting hold of those just yet. "Please?"

"No," This time it was Derek that spoke as he entered the house grabbing one of the dining chairs and sitting beside him. "Give me your hand," Stiles shook his head he didn't want to rely on the werewolves for pain relief. "Scott's tracking them,"

"Them?" Stiles raised his eyebrow, he hadn't realised how many people had attacked him. Derek nodded as he took hold of Stiles' hand and looked at Noah.

"How many?" Noah questioned, he was curious just how many people had hurt his teenage son.

"At least three different scent's were found in the Alley...Scott has Isaac helping him," Derek admitted, he hadn't wanted to tell anyone else but insisted that they needed more than two noses. "All he knows is that you were attacked, none of the details,"

Jane disappeared for an hour to grab some things that she thought that Stiles might want, including heading just out of town and picking up a new binder for him. He wouldn't be wearing it for a few weeks as they had discovered bruising and three cracked/broken ribs where his binder had been shredded. Noah left after Stiles had fallen asleep in the recliner to go and talk with Scott. Derek stayed with Stiles, sighing when the teenager refused to let go of his hand while he was asleep, which was how Jane found him sitting there when she returned.

"How long have you been stuck?" Jane questioned the second that she saw Derek sitting uncomfortably in the dining chair.

"Since you left," Derek answered as he attempted to pry Stiles' hand away from his again. Jane laughed and went over to him before gently pulling Stiles' fingers away.

"Sti, sweetheart, Derek needs to piss," Jane spoke quietly as she held onto his fingers so that Derek could slip out.

"Janey...can we talk?" Stiles asked sleepily as he opened his eyes and yawned when he felt Derek leaving his side.

"Of course we can." Jane smiled at him before she saw that Stiles was trying to wriggle over in the chair so that she could sit with him. "Hold on," Jane let out a little laugh before she stood up and carefully moved his feet and then helped him to move to the side. "Next time Sti we move you to the bed," Jane said as she sat on his left side and he put his head on her shoulder.

"Uh huh," Stiles nodded his head bouncing on her shoulder.

"What did you want to talk about?" Jane questioned running one of her hands through Stiles' hair and wrapping her arm around his shoulder.