Chapter 8 - He's Just A Patient Wolf

"Just you and me today potato grumpy," Brandon said against my ear upon closing the distance between us. I shoved him away.

       "Go away, touchy potato."

     I wasn't in the mood today. Somehow, I felt uncomfortable and I wanted to punch something. I don't know.

     He sent me a small grin. "Why're you grumpy? Stop frowning."

       "I'm not frowning."

       "Yeah you are."

       "No, I'm not."

       "Yes, you are."

     I looked at him and groaned heavily. He wasn't going to stoop down anytime soon with this pointless argument, so I just shut up and glared at him.

     I walked away, away from him because I really wasn't in the mood. And I felt like crying all of a sudden. I felt so unlucky. Unloved.

     Oh my God what was that?

     Why was I suddenly getting emotional right now? So gay dude.

       "Is it because Nichole and Leo are skipping and left you behind?" He asked, his tone softer this time. His expression looked hopeful, and I was actually compelled to give him my attention. Damn it.

       "Not really," I shook my head at him. I even forgot those two were skipping today. It was their first year anniversary after all.  "I just feel down. That's all."

       "Hungry?"

     I shook my head again. Even I found it strange that I was unusually quiet today. What was going on with me lately?

       "Well," Brandon scratched the back of his head, seeming like he didn't know what else to say or do. He patted my head softly and offered me a genuine smile, not his usual mischievous grins, but a real smile. "I hope you get better. See you at lunch?"

     I smiled back and nodded my head. He was too good at faking to be sweet.

     It was scary.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

     Ten minutes before lunch, and I felt my insides getting squeezed, wrung, tortured. As if there was a battle being fought in my uterus. And I was feeling rather uncomfortable down there.

     Shit. Was it that time of the month?

       "Want anything else?" Brandon set a tray down in front of me. I looked at him, confused.

       "Why are you so nice to me today?" I pushed the tray away from me and to his side of the table. We were at the cafeteria now. Lunch break started over an hour ago and I still couldn't work up the appetite.

     Surprising, I know.

     He pushed the tray back to me. "You don't look well. Eat something."

       "No," I pushed the tray away from me again. "It's fine. You eat this, you bought this right? You'd be violating rule number one if you treat me lunch."

     He didn't look pleased at all. He took the chocolate drink beside the unappealing cafeteria food, stabbed the straw in it and gave it to me. "I don't care. Leo and Nichole aren't here anyway. At least drink this."

     I shook my head. "I don't get you at all. You're so weird."

       "Drink it?" He offered with an adorable smile, ignoring my previous comment. After staring at him for a while, I groaned loudly and took the drink from his hand.