Chapter 14: Heroes, They Are Now?

Being a hero means that everyone will praise you for what you did. But it's not easy being one, you know.

The Bears had finally managed to get every grizzly out of the wildfire, and that they stacked up to get to the chopper (which had someone familiar controlling it), which later on sent them all to an open clearing nearby.

They knew that, and that they're all safe; it's now morning when the authorities had put out the flames, the other bears huddled with each other for comfort, and that the trio themselves, tensed yet calm, are bundled side-by-side and were sitting in the grassy ground.

Well, if we have to skip the flashback here, a paramedic had bandaged Ice's sore paws (which had been pressured due to the weight of the stack), with Grizz and Panda watching her do so.

Once finished, she told the youngest Bear brother that "...you're going to be okay, sir..."

When the paramedic left the trio behind, they went on to look at each other, with Ice looking at his sore paws being bandaged around each in all four of them.

"How is it now, little bro? Feeling okay?" Grizz asked him.

"Ice Bear, tough as nails," he only replied.

"At least we all did well, bros," Panda added in. "It's so hard to imagine that we are into a kind of mess that somehow went into an adventure...!"

"What do you mean?" Grizz went in, confused about what his brother had said.

Panda was about to answer when Officer Murphy, who had arrived with a box of donuts on both hands, arrived at their right. Marlette was beside him, her face showing sadness.

(We'll tell more about why she feels like that shortly.)

"Have some, Bears," he told them, gesturing his box as he said so. "After all, you just missed some dinner that night."

The trio seemed to be irritated a little, but they managed to grab one from the box, with Grizz picking Ice's share after he ate his donut first.

"How are you, and everything?" he then asked Ice, whom then ate part of his share from his brother. "You seemed to be okay with that sore paws you have."

"Ice Bear, invincible, but a little sore," he replied, now looking at his sore hands again.

"Don't even believe that we all got into this mess we had," Panda added in.

"Yeah, but what about, you know, the bad guy?" Grizz asked. "Where is he now?"

Murphy sighed for a bit while he stood up and had handed over the donut box to Marlette.

"Somewhere where he'll never bother you anymore," he replied. "He will remain there until the cases are set. I guess the three of you have to testify for that one..."

"We get it, officer," Grizz cut in. "We'll be there, if we could."

Panda then noticed the Cuckoo Bunny being sad and sullen as she ate her share of the donut box. "What about her...?"

But the chief knew why she's like that. "I guess you will never know."

Well, how did that even happen?

************************************
(minutes earlier...)

Ever since Agent Trout had been "shoved with a sweet treat that every cop wants to eat" onto his mouth and being cuffed (while aboard the rescue chopper firsthand), he had been called "done for" due to what he did...

...well, fast forward that.

Now that he had been arrested due to his crime of "maltreating the wildlife in an illegal way", and that he finally admitted to his wrongdoings when he's been redempted with a hug from Marlette, he has been taken away by a group of police officers, who had arrived minutes after the firefighters went in to control the fire that time.