Prologue: How Did the Bears Meet?

(NOTE: The pictures from the actual movie, placed each in all chapters, some of them does not relate to the whole story; they're added there for memory purposes. Copyrights for the movie where these pics are taken belonged to the original owners; the author honestly dosen't own any of them.)

************************************
First trips are a bit strange, but not when you have met new friends there.

It's been a sunny day at the woodsland, and the skies are all open, revealing the fluffy clouds slowly drifting by.

The trees are standing still like soldiers on guard, and that the evergreens themselves had been rustling with wildlife all around its branches, from top to bottom.

The lake below shone clear like a ruffled mirror, reflecting the mountainous view of the land, with those snow-capped mounts standing firm as they remained there, as if they had been watching the trees sway by the wind and the clouds drifting past like they don't care of what they just do.

And if things hadn't been quiet, except for the birds and the bugs chirping like they don't care, there was a young bear cub walking past the yellowed tall grass, a bundle filled with stuff has been carried along at its back.

The cub itself had a life before, a life of fame and glory, until he decided to carry on and find a new place for himself, knowing that he's all alone in his new life and needed some company to cheer himself up.

He's still there, walking past the grass as he carried along, whistling a tune or two on the way.

If there would be a montage, and that it did, the cub had been walking for miles, going past "the birds and the leaves and the flowers and the trees" in different places, that is, until he came across a bridge with train tracks on it.

Such a cub like him had been curious at the tracks like those. Where did those tracks lead to? And what sort of adventure awaits there?

It's been such a long trip for a cub like him to make it into the tracks, and that he is about to go across the tracks when...

"Ow."

The cub soon heard a sound that sounded like a person, knowing that he unknowingly stepped on someone that he didn't knew. What if it's an animal? Or something alive?

Whatever he didn't know, he was shocked at that sound, until he looked down at his feet when he saw that he did stepped on an animal. A panda cub, about his age, and had a depressed look on his face.

The cub now knew about what he stepped on that he jumped back, and that he became ecstatic that he had found a bear his size (and age, of course).

Yes, that cub was excited to meet another one like him, and that he wanted his new "friend" to join him along on his trip, but the panda cub didn't seem to get himself up from where he's lying down that time.

He said that he "was walking along the tracks, because it might have something cool", knowing that he was just as adventurous and a place-seeker like the grizzly cub.

"But then, I tripped and fell and now my foot got stuck," he later told the cub.

Looking at it, the grizzly cub did saw that the panda cub got his foot real stuck, his right foot wedged in between the wooden planks.

Depressed as he is because of the stuck foot, the panda went on to worrying himself, but the grizzly was confident at his new discovery that he vowed that he will help the poor fellow and get his foot unstuck - or at least he thought.

That's what the grizzly tried to do to the panda, and that he hoisted him upwards to try and get it unstuck, nevertheless having some chatter while doing so...

...that is, until the stuck fellow heard a faint whistle from a distance. The noise itself sounded familiar...

When the two bear cubs turned to where did the whistle come from, they turned around and saw that some familiar black moving object was closing in towards their direction.

It was puffing smoke from behind it, and that the object itself wasn't stopping...

Wait, is that a train?!

The cubs, knowing that they about to be crushed under the tracks at any minute, now became anxious to hurry up and leave the tracks, with the grizzly trying to unstuck the panda's foot off the wooden boards, only to realize that they are still on the tracks, the foot being too stuck to carry on any longer.

Now worried that they are about to die at the tracks, they went on to call for help...

Somewhere in the woods, a polar bear cub was watching them at a distance, and that he was close to the tracks where the cubs are, chewing on what he thought was food.

It's when he saw that they are stuck in the tracks and a train was coming close did he spat out his lunch, which were actually two bird eggs, and jumped into a branch, springing him into a flying eagle and taming it before he jumped off the bird and landing in front of the two other cubs with a landing pose.

Of course, the two cubs were impressed to see him do that, but the train suddenly got closer than they expected.

The polar bear and the grizzly went on to help the panda get unstuck, and then the three of them tumbled as if they are finally done with the problem...

...not really.

The train began to get closer towards them, and so they decided to run, fear being felt inside their heads (and hearts, for that matter).

The cubs were still running as much as their little legs can do, knowing that the train was behind them, but the panda didn't seem to carry on with his trip, feeling like he was a bit asthmatic, and cannot run any longer.

Insisted to do so as he pushed the panda to carry him in his back, the polar bear began to run as fast as he can make, the little bundle with stripes bobbing up and down as he did.

The panda now saw, while seeing behind and upwards, that the train went coming fast. He then urged the polar bear to go faster, which when the white cub did so, insisted the grizzly to take his paw.

Still trying to outrun the train, the grizzly went on to reach his paw and grab the panda's own paw, which when it did, lifted the grizzly into the top of the panda's back.

The three bears are now okay with their own selves, but the train wasn't stopping much, and that they struggled to get off the tracks...

"It's gaining on us!" yelled the panda, anxious and worried as he saw the train go closer.

"Faster, faster!" urged the grizzly to the polar bear, who kept on running in the wooden tracks.

The panda soon knew that they cannot make it through...

"Oh, we're not going to make it...!"

The bears now are inches apart from the running train, and now, they suddenly felt something was happening...

...they are screaming, and then...

"WAAAAHHH!"

Turns out, it was all just a nightmare!

Continue to the next chapter.