Chapter 22

"Ian." I stated as I joined Suzanna and her mom. Lynn was standing next to me, too mad to say anything. Mark was standing next to him. The both of them had on indifferent faces. 

“We…uh had trackers installed in your car.” Mark admitted.

"Can we talk?" Ian asked looking at me. I glanced at Suzanna and Lynn; both of them were nodding softly. I sighed and walked outside. Quietly, I led Ian to Suzanna's driveway so we were far from the entrance to the house. 

"What?" I asked. It sounded too harsh but I was upset. He thought so low of me. I thought he finally understood what I meant by not being trusted. That obviously didn't work out.

"I love you. I will always love you. And I don't blame you that my brother kissed you. Mark's an ass and I was too stupid to see that it wasn't your fault." Ian was standing a few feet away from me. He slowly began stepping toward me. "Please forgive me for jumping to conclusions. I just want to start over. I promise I'll try my best to get over this curse mate stuff." He took the final step so he was right in front of me. He gently brushed a strand of hair that was in my face and tucked it behind my ear.

At this point, I was looking at the ground, well at his shoes. I slowly looked up and my eyes met his. His soft hazel eyes were full of guilt for jumping to conclusions. "I'm tired of this. Being on a rollercoaster. Having a constant on and off relationship. The next time we doubt this, I'm done. I don't want my heart to shatter after it's already been broken many times before."

"I want to be the one to heal your heart, not shatter it." Ian answered smiling as he pressed his forehead against mine. I put my arms around his neck. It felt nice to hold onto him because it was the first time in days that I actually wanted to. No obligations or anything. 

"And how are you going to do that? Mr. Big bad vampire." I questioned with a silly tone. Playful Ian was one of my favorite Ians. 

"With my big bad vampire powers." He smirked. His hand cupped my cheek and I closed my eyes, savoring his soft touch.

He leaned in and kissed me; softly, to let me know that he wanted to give me the power. I pressed back with more force to let him know that I was okay him. His tongue traced my lips asking for entrance and I opened my mouth, letting his aura flood me. His warmth enveloped me in an embracing hug as his arms pressed me closer to his body. 

I dug my hands in his hair and felt a small moan growl from the back of his throat. His hands slowly ran up and down my arms, sending good chills down my body. I broke the kiss and looked at him. He opened his eyes and smiled.

“I love you Aria. Please don’t doubt that.” He whispered.

I nodded and kissed him again before he could say anything else.

“Ahem.” I heard Lynn clear her throat behind me and I broke the kiss again. Ian had a look of amusement on his face as I turned around to face my best friend. “Aria, can we talk?” She had a serious look on her face and I knew things between her and Mark were bad.

I turned around back to Ian and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. “I’ll be back.” I whispered.

“I’ll be waiting.” He answered smiling as he gave my butt a soft tap as I turned around to join Lynn. I yelped from the unexpected tap and smiled at him.

“Aria.” Lynn called. I followed her to Suzanna’s backyard. Suzanna had a swing set with two swings in her backyard in which Lynn and I sat on.

“So what happened?” I asked looking at her. She was staring at the ground, no trace of a smile anywhere on her face.

She looked up at me, confusion clouding her eyes. “What do I do Aria? He wants me to forgive him. I can’t. He kissed my best friend.”