Chapter 24

Life is a highway. I wanna ride it all night long.

"You're in a good mood Aria." Ian commented as I sang along to the radio. We were in his Ferrari with the sunroof open. We were on the open road, no cars around and only the countryside on both sides. The sun was shining bright and there were clear blue skies. It was one of those moments where it felt good to be alive. 

"There's no reason to be mad." I answered, trying to make myself believe that.

He gave me a stale face and I sighed. "I just want to forget about it, for now. I just want to enjoy life with my hot boyfriend and his amazing car." I said leaning over and giving him a kiss on the lips.

To my surprise, he returned it with more force and passion. I broke the kiss and looked at him bewildered. "You're gonna crash the car."

"I'm a vampire, babe. I can make out with my beautiful girlfriend and drive at the same time." He gave me his cheeky grin to which I giggled.

"I love flirty Ian." I replied kissing him again and going back to sitting in my seat.

"So why was yesterday the first time I heard you sing?" He asked seriously.

My smile immediately dropped. "Um because."

"Because what? Aria."

"It's just. I don't want to be annoying to you. I love singing but I used to sing too much and I figured if I wanted someone special, I'd need to stop."

Ian looked at me with a sincere look. "Do you sing around Lynn?"

I nodded.

"I want you to treat me like you treat Lynn. I want to be the person you can tell anything. I want you to be comfortable with me Aria. I love you. And I want to make sure we're best friends. Because I feel like I can tell you anything." His confession moved me. 

"I'm trying Ian, I really am." I replied. 

He took a hold of my hand and gently squeezed it. "I love you."

"I love you too." 

We heard a honking sound and I looked into my rearview mirror to see Lynn and Mark drive up next to us in the jeep. "Ay gurl!" Lynn yelled, opening her window. 

I rolled my eyes. "Pay attention to the road, you're driving idiot."

Mark popped his head out of her window. "I've got it!" He answered.

"Ian I'm hungry, can we pull up at that gas station?" I pointed to the gas station at the side of the road up ahead. 

Ian nodded. "Anything for you Aribear."

I giggled from his use of the new nickname. It sounds lame but cute at the same time. "Hey we're stopping for food!" I yelled to Lynn.

"Kay see ya later!" She called as she drove ahead. 

Ian pulled up into the parking lot of the gas station and we both got out to stretch. We both went inside and I went over to the junk food section. "Aria, I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick. Choose whatever you want and I'll pay for it when I'm back." 

I smiled. "You're the best." I stepped forward and grabbed his shirt collar, causing him to lean his head forward and down so that I could plant a kiss on his lips. 

He rolled his eyes as he kissed back and left. I scanned my eyes over the food in front of me. Brownies, zebra cakes, Twinkies. 

So many choices, I don't know what I want!

I ended up grabbing pack of Cosmic Brownies and some Push Pops. I could have fun with the Push Pops in the car. "Ian? I'm done!" I called as I exited the aisle. 

I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and I flinched but then sank back into the body. "You haven't hugged me like this in while." I commented.

"Does that mean you want me to more often?"

My eyes widened. These were not Ian's arms. No. They were, "JASON!" I screamed.

He put his hand in front of my mouth, restricting me from screaming. I nipped at his palm to get him to let go and he did. 

"Let me go Jason. IAN!" I struggled against his grip. With the hand I nipped, he slapped me hard across my cheek. I felt my skin burn and tears swam out of my eyes. Be strong Aria. Be brave.

"That shut you up. I should've done that before." Jason commented. He then did something I never thought he would do.

He bit his wrist, causing his blood to show. Then, he shoved his wrist onto my mouth, causing me drink the blood coming out of it. I clamped my jaw shut, trying to stop. He then with his other hand, punched me hard, in the gut. This caused me to open my mouth to scream from the pain. And once my mouth was open, the blood flowed in and down my throat.

He finally let go after a minute and I stood there gagging, trying to throw up the blood I unwillingly swallowed. I clenched my stomach in terror. The pain was too much. "Why are you doing this?" I asked sobbing.

"Because, your boyfriend killed my mate. We've been over this, you're just too stupid to understand." He kicked my shin, causing me to fall to the hard floor. 

"Your mate was a bitch!" I screamed. It was not such a good idea to say that because he picked me up by my hair and threw me across the store. I hit the cement wall with a thud and felt the back of my head hurt. Blood dripped from somewhere on my face but the origin was hard to distinguish. My vision was beginning to fade as my head began aching more and more. Where was Ian?

"Ian's a bit tied up at the moment. I'll see you in a few hours." Jason said as he walked forward and slapped my other cheek, this knocking me out.