Chapter 15

I sat in the cab and took my phone out. Why would the CEO promote me and Lynn? It's not like we have that many good designs, or do we?

Tapping the text button on my phone, I send a quick message to Ian.

'Just got promoted to CEO's office?'

He quickly answered. 'Why the ? babe'

My heart fluttered from reading the word babe. I type back a response. 'Confused.'

'You deserve this :)'

Ian. Is. Amazing. He's the only person on earth at this moment who could ever make me feel like I have a purpose.

"Miss, we're here." The driver announced. He stopped the cab and quickly got out so he could open my door. I stepped out and stared at the building in front of me in awe. It was huge.

It was like a skyscraper compared to the other buildings in the city. The windows were glass tinted blue so they looked like a bunch of light blue mirrors. The wind picked up so I ran into the building. The lobby of the office was even fancier than you'd expect. It had dark blue carpeting with white walls and glass windows. The receptionist up front was sitting at a huge white desk which took up one whole wall.

"Miss, may I help you?" She smiled politely.

"Yes, I was told I was promoted to work here. I believe I have an appointment with the CEO?" I sounded completely clueless.

"Yes, of course." She picked up a phone and dialed a number. "Yes, in the lobby. Right now." She spoke in the phone.

Right as she put the phone down, the elevator at the side of the room dinged open and a man in a black suit stepped out. He had on black sunglasses and his dark blonde hair was slicked back to look sophisticated.

"Ma'am, this is Agent Williams. He will take you to the CEO." The receptionist introduced.

I hesitantly made my way to the elevator which the Agent joined me in. He pressed the 33rd button on the keypad and we began going up.

It really was an awkward elevator ride. I mean I didn't know who this agent was, I had no idea why I was here, and I had no idea what I was going to say once I met this dude. Do I shake his hand and introduce myself? What if this was all a mistake and the computer messed up or something and put our names instead of someone else's. Why was I being treated like a was a VIP?

The elevator dinged as we reached the 33rd floor and the agent pushed a code in the keypad which opened the door up for me. I stepped outside and the elevator and agent both went down. In front of me was a wall of all glass, which had an amazing view of the city. Also in front of me was a very big black desk with a huge computer chair. The chair was turned so its back was to me.

"I've been expecting you." I heard a voice from the chair. I frowned because this voice was very familiar. The chair turned.

And in the chair sat, my man, Ian Torres.

"Ian?" I sounded breathless. How was my boyfriend a CEO? Of the company I work for? And how could I have not known this for all the time we've been dating?

I never asked about his job. So he never had a reason to tell me.

Nice going Aria.

Should I feel happy? Or mad? Or shocked?

"It's Mr.Torres to you." He stood up and walked over to me. The way he looked made my knees feel like jelly and I had to regain my sanity so I wouldn't fall. He had on a black suit, one that made him look sexy as ever. The sweet scent coming off of him intoxicated me once again.