Desperation (Part 20)

Shiloh's <POV>

"Ugh..." I groan leaning my back onto my messy bed. Lifting my cold hand up to my hair, twisting and curling the strands between my fingers. I let out a muttered sigh before shifting my position on my bed to face the metal door.

'I wonder what Zuko's doing...' My bored mind wanders before stumbling onto the most logical though.

'He's probably working...' I sulk pulling the pillow into my face and groaning some more.

'Maybe he won't mind if I bother him...' My heart mumbles as I stand up and reach for the door.

Suddenly I hear it opening, and I back away from the door at the unexpected visit. Curiosity and excitement fills my body as I envision Zuko coming in to visit me.

My heart dropped at the sight. It wasn't Zuko. It was someone I thought i'd never see again.

"Haru." I spoke almost shamefully.

Dressed in firenation guard armor he shut the door behind him before turning back to me. I stay still as his arms wrapped around my small body.

"Shiloh... I'm here to get you..." He whispered into my ear, his breath sending chills down my spine as I avoid eye contact.

"H-Haru..." I continue trying to piece together the words and courage to tell him.

He stopped the embrace, holding my shoulders to him and staring into my eyes. His emerald orbs full of intensity.

He lifted his hand to my hair, tucking a strand behind my ear. And his eyes softened.

I feel my eyes widen as I turn away from him in shame. I take a deep breath, which causes him to release his grip from me to read my expression.

"H-Haru... I—" My voice was cut off by the opening of my door. Causing Haru to step infront of me defensively.

I clench my fists at the sight of Zuko walking into the door, and Haru's expression turning bitter and hatred filling his body.

"What's going on here?" Zuko stated turning to me as I stood still bending my head away from Haru.

"I'm here to save her!!" Haru stated pulling a bundle of rocks out of his bag and pulled a offensive stance towards Zuko.

Quickly my eyes reacted as I rushed in front of Zuko without hesitation. Attempting to lighten the hit with earthbending.

The rocks hit against my chest, as I witness Haru's shocked expression turn to confusion and betrayal.

"Haru!" I scream my heart sinking a bit from guilt.

"I think I understand." Haru scoffed turning his eyes away from me, which the act felt like a punch in the face.

"Haru... Listen to me!" I shout walking towards him but he backs away. I don't even dare too look behind to see Zuko.

"I want to stay here... because I feel at home here, for the first time since everyone I knew and love is gone!" I trail off hurt stinging my throat.

"—My family, my little brother..." My eyes start to tear up at this point pain breaking my voice as I speak.

"Everyone I knew is gone! I had Aang, but he hates me now..."

"Do you have any idea what that feels like?!" I scream as I watched Harus eyes widen. His mouth parting in shock as he sighs, shrugging as he exits the room.

My body relaxes, as I take my sleeves and wipe my watering eyes.

I feel a hand get placed on my shoulder, and I look up to see a sympathetic Zuko smiling at me. My heart warms as I turn around to hug him.

"Thank you Zuko..." I say leaning my face into his chest, feeling his heat warm up my cheeks.

"I should be thanking you Shiloh..." He said bringing his hand up to my face and leaning down to me.

"You showed me what it feels like to be happy..." Zuko continued leaning his face down to mine.

Our lips connected as I let my eyes close, listening to the sound of our beating hearts. All feelings of anxiety were washed away.

"I love you."

My face blushes pink at my own words which just happened to slip out. I stare into his shocked eyes, desperately awaiting his response.

I clutched the fabric at his shirt, but his blushed face brought his head into my neck and I felt warm tears flowing down his face. Dropping to his knees and hugging my figure tightly and desperately.

"Z-Zuko!" I said shocked at this reaction. I brought my hands to hold his body as he cried.

"I'm so happy..." He mumbed into my neck before bringing his face up to meet mine. His face flushed as tears roll down his smiling face.

"I love you—I love you so much." He cried as my eyes sparkled at his words. I clutched onto his body as we stayed in this comfortable position.

The hug lasted for ages, and I never wanted it to end. Each second became a memory to smile at.

"I'll never leave you Zuko."