Needed (Part 13)

Shiloh's <POV>

I wake up in the infirmary bed... again. 'Goddammit my head...' I say clutching my head in annoyance. Realizing the events of before I went to sleep, I instinctively glance down at my wrist. It was bandaged up all the way to my elbow.

'I'm so stupid' I chuckle to myself. I don't know what came over me. I had been avoiding my emotions for a while and I guess it all just broke me down.

I take a step off of the bed. As my vision immediately gets blurry again, I fall slightly but am able to regain my balance as I continue to take more steps.

'I'm hungry' I thought as I made my way to the kitchen. I glance around the room that I thought would be full.

'Well it is nighttime, so that's understandable.' I walk around staring at the various food items.

"Your awake." I hear Iroh's voice as I turn around to see him. He simply smiled as he pulled me into a hug.

"It's been a few days, everyone was starting to get worried." Iroh explained releasing his grip on me. I awkwardly smiled giving an guilty look.

"Would you like a cup of tea?" Iroh said smiling as I simply nodded.

I felt guilty for what I did, It was a stupid spur of the moment type thing. But my stupidity made people worry about me. And I can't forgive myself for that.

Iroh handed me a cup of jasmine tea as we held a pretty calm conversation. Immediately Aang came to my head, as relief takes over again.

"Im so happy Aang's okay!" I say smiling with my eyes watering from happiness.

"You really care about him don't you?" Iroh sighed giving me a conflicted stare.

"Of course I do!" I respond unhesitatingly. "He is family to me, I won't let anyone or anything harm him. As long as I am alive, I will make sure nothing happens to him..."

Iroh just stares at me blanked faced at my devoted loyalty. But suddenly his face turns to concern as he sees my eyes turn dark.

"I didn't do that though, I didn't protect him." Tears began to run down my face. "I'm so fucking pathetic." I muttered as hurt peaks through my words causing my voice to break.

"Shiloh..." Iroh begins but is cut off by my words.

"Hahah, don't worry. I'm just glad he's okay." I add smiling through my hurt. "I'm getting tired so I'll just head back to my room."

I shut the kitchen door on my way out slowly making my way to my room. I lay down on my bed as I clutched the pillow closer to me. I close my eyes as I focus on my words.

'Aang, please stay safe. I need you."

Aang's <POV>

I hear her voice. I shift up from Appa who was still flying relentlessly towards the North Pole. I look around to see darkness all around me, as I let the tears flow through my eyes. But then I heard it again.

'I'm so sorry for not protecting you Aang'

I realize her voice is echoing through my head. 'There's nothing to be sorry about, I don't regret it happening to me instead of you.' I smile warmly to myself.

'I'm a burden to you.' she continues with these words that makes my heart quiver.

'No! Your not Shiloh! I need you!!' I scream out into my head hoping someway it reaches her.

'Would it be better if I wasn't here?'

My eyes widened as her voice haunts into my mind. 'No... Please don't say that.' I say tears rolling down my peach cheeks.

My mind raced with thoughts. She didn't say anything else after that. And I was still stuck on the things she said.

'I want her to know she's all I care about.' I cry. 'She's the only one who cared about me.' I quiver as I drift off into my thoughts.

Zuko's <POV>

"It's been a few days, Shiloh's still asleep..." I mutter in my sleep deprived voice. Ever since she told me what she did I was unable to sleep. I needed her besides me.

I needed to recognize she was okay and here with me. I clutch onto my shirt as my eyes darken in anger.

'Was it because of the old man? Did he mentally torment her with that scene?' I scream in my head.
Anger and red filled my vision as I remember how he touched her.

'He touched her.'

I needed to do something before I break. I grabbed my knives as I walk over to the guard's quarters. I let out steam as I torture the guard enough to make him jump off of the ship the next morning.

I let out a 'tch' as I saw him jump off.

Shiloh's <POV>

I've been hiding in my room, I didn't want to face Zuko yet. I wanted time. But that couldn't last forever.

My stomach lets out a large growl as I drool imaging bubble tea. My stomach turns as I swiftly sneak my way into Zuko's room.

When I opened the door I saw him lying peacefully on his bed.

'AwwWw he looks so innocent and harmless' I thought placing a peck on his forehead carelessly until I feel his skin warm as he realizes what I just did.

"What are you doing here?!" He turned away from me obviously flustered. I stare at him, my cheeks turning slightly pink as I open my mouth.

"Can we stop for bubble tea?!" I say excitedly my eyes glowing as I pleaded.

"You want us to stop the ship to get bubble tea?" He spat judgemently. I nodded immediately as the thought of drinking it fantasized my brain.

I look at him, still pleading. Until I hear him start to giggle, immediately bursting into mocking laughter.

"Did I ever tell you how childish you can be?" He said attempting to speak through his raspy laughter.

I pout in response, hitting him on the shoulder.
"At least i'm not a hothead!" I try and defend myself as he takes this to slight defense.

"Hey!! I'm not hotheaded!!" He yells sitting up towering over my small body.

"Yes you are!" I giggle running into his chest as I nuzzle into him playfully. "Its okay, I like you either way." I feel his body turn bright red as he shrugs me off.

"Let's go get your bubble tea." He mumbles as my eyes light up in excitement.

'FUCK YEAH'