Chapter 5 - "Wrapped around your finger"

Blaine

I tried to grab Luna's hand, but she was out the door in a flash. The guy standing there continued to stare at me, a horrid expression projected in his eyes. I recognized him as someone from the year below, Luna's year, although I couldn't put a name to his face. He turned around to leave after a moment, but I stopped him before he could continue.

"Hey, what's happened?"

He turned to me, panic still plastered all over his face. "It's... It's Lily."

"Yes, I heard you the first time. What's wrong with her?"

He had come into the room now and was pacing back and fourth. "I didn't mean to....I didn't realize... If I'd have known..."

If I had any patience at all, It would be entirely gone by now. "Spit it out man!"

"She was all over me - and I had this stuff - she said she wanted some - I didn't know she'd never done it before." He was spitting words out all over the place whilst the anger rose inside of me. Before I could control myself, I pushed him into the wall behind to snap him out of it. I hope for Lily's sake that he hasn't done what I think he has. I shouted right in his face to make sure he understood what I was saying.

"I swear to God if you gave her drugs!" I didn't have to say anything else, the look on his face told me all that I needed to know. I held him tighter against the wall, my arm pushing against his neck. "What are you, like 15 or something? Why the fuck did you think it was a good idea to give it to people here? Huh?"

"Dude, It was just for a laugh, I didn't realize that Lily-" I dropped him then. Lily. Shit. I ran out of the room immediately, down to the ground floor of the house. I hadn't realized how quite it had gotten, now the only sound was the music coming from the speakers. Out of all the hundreds of people here, very few were making a sound. I followed where everyone was huddled in the living room, barging my way past people to see what had happened. Suddenly I heard the cries of a girl. When my eyes met where the sound was coming from, I stopped in my tracks.

Picture this. A girl lays on the floor, looking almost peaceful, as if she was in a deep slumber. However, her head is laid in the lap of her best friend who is sitting there in a trance, tears spilling from her eyes. She won't take her eyes off of the girl in her arms, for fear that if she does, this girl will simply slip away.

That's how I found Luna and Lily.

No one was doing anything, just standing around watching the scene unfold in front of them. I barely knew these girls, nonetheless I had to do something. Just at that moment I saw Mitch out the corner of my eye, coming towards me.

"Call an ambulance. Now!" I tried to attempt a whisper, but it came out much more forceful than I had intended.

"Already done mate, it's on its way, should be here any minute." He seemed way too calm considering what was happening in his own front room. Then as if his words had flipped a switch, the paramedics came rushing through the doors, into the room.

It was like watching one of those tv drama's unravel before your own eyes, it was bizarre. In the time it took for the paramedics team to see to Lily, then take her to the ambulance to be driven to hospital, almost everyone had cleared out of the house. Now the only people that remained were Mitch, the girl he was with earlier, whose name I've now discovered to be Summer, and myself. I had tried to talk to Luna, but she shook me off adamant to go in the ambulance.

"Do you think we should go? Ya no, to the hospital, make sure she's okay?" Mitch piped up. I was quite surprised that he sounded concerned now. He's the kind of person that would just wait for a phone call in a situation like this, not go and see for himself.