Chapter 4 - "Let the games begin"

Luna

To say getting ready for this damn party was a chore, was an understatement. We had decided to pretty much put aside the whole of Saturday to prepare. I was going to just get myself ready, but no, Lily being Lily insisted on helping me.

"Don't you need to sort yourself out first before helping me?"

"No Luna, this is a big night for you. If you want to succeed in this little venture of yours, you have to look your best." She was tending to my hair now, putting it in loose waves that cascaded down my back which, according to her, accentuated the ombre in my hair.

"But-"

"No buts. I am not even gonna think about getting myself ready until you look like an absolute goddess!" She smiled at me in the mirror. "Oh, and your dress better be bloody amazing! Otherwise all my hard work will go to waste." Luckily we had similar taste in clothes, so if she didn't like what I had chosen, I would be very surprised.

Throughout the whole 'making up' process, Lily refused to let me look in a mirror - she wanted to see my reaction to her 'masterpiece'. I did trust her, but I was a little skeptical since she had been doing my make-up for way over an hour, putting countless products onto my face.

"If I end up looking like a made up doll, I'll kill you." I warned her whilst she was doing the finishing touches.

"Do you honestly think I'd let you look like that? Jesus Luna, what do you think of me?" She laughed at my remark, putting her hand to her chest as if she was in pain.

"Well.." I continued, winking at her.

"Wow, I am feeling so attacked right now." Before we knew it we were in fits of laughter, tears threatening to stream down my face. "Stop, stop, stop! I will not let you ruin my work of art! Now go get your dress on whilst I get myself ready." She collected her stuff then walked to my little en suite.

_____

"Are you ready yet?" I'd been sitting on my bed for about half an hour now, waiting for Lily.

I heard a little shout from the bathroom. "Almost, one second!"

"Hurry up before I bore myself to death! I told you we should have gotten ready separately!"

"Oh shhh! I think I'm done. Close your eyes okay? I will to." She sounded so excited, like a little kid.

"Yeah yeah, fine." I groaned, but I couldn't hide my smile. "They're closed."

I heard the door open and footsteps coming towards me, for a second I feared that she would bump into me.

"On the count of three, open." If I could have rolled my eyes then, I would have."1...2...3!" We both took in the other standing infront of us. Lily looked gorgeous, she was wearing a cute t-shirt dress in deep cobalt that made her blue eyes pop. She had straightened her hair so it came below her shoulders, and was wearing this bright red lipstick that matched her hair - she looked amazing.

"Wow! You look hot!" She beamed, clapping her hands. "If he doesn't like this, he's insane!" I laughed at her remark, I still hadn't seen myself yet. She ussured me to the mirror, I swear she was more eager than I was.

I looked up, taking in my appearance. I glanced over my shoulder at Lily, I didn't know what to say, I was speechless. I had decided on a black body-con dress that came just above the knee and hugged my curves. My hair and make-up looked great, if I do say so myself, I must remember to praise Lily on her skills. My make-up was pretty minimal, but the stand out was the black liner on my eyes, which I was thankful for since my eyes were one of the only things I liked about myself.