[CLOSED] The Mooncake Rebellion

To celebrate the mid-Autumn festival, also known as Mooncake Festival in parts of Asia, WattpadMilitaryFiction, adultfiction and WattpadFestivals propose a contest that will send you in a long-forgotten time and place and through the legend of a great revolt:

🥮 The Mooncake Rebellion 🥮

Join us in this writing experience, using the following prompt, and let your imagination and your words painting another period and another World...

"As the legend goes, at the end of the Yuan dynasty, a little pastry was instrumental to the defeat and retreat of the Tartars from China.

At the end of 1368, as Chinese families reunited to celebrate the mid-autumn festivals, they exchanged pastries packed with carb and, in their center, not a salted egg yolk but a piece of paper covered in ink, a secret message: "Kill the Mongols".

It is said that the Mongols occupants didn't like mooncakes, the sweetness not fitting their taste... They probably liked even less these last mooncakes, that brought their downfall..."

You may find more information about the mooncake rebellion in the dedicated chapter in

Festivals Around the World.

🥮🥮🥮

Some Rules:

The rules are simple for this contest

🥮 Prompt: write a new story for this contest using the prompt above. Your story will be written to be submitted to either @WattpadMilitaryFiction, @adultfiction or @WattpadFestivals, focusing on one of the aspects that would fit one of the profiles best.

🥮 If you write your story in collaboration with another author, you need to have the agreement of the other author to submit.

🥮 Word Count: Your story shall not be longer than 1500 words.

🥮 Language: Your story shall be written in English to be judged.

(NOTE: If you want to submit a story in another language, @WattpadFestivals may consider it to be added to their international reading list after validation by language specialists.)

🥮 Fanfiction and Mature are accepted as long as your story follows Wattpad Content Guidelines.

🥮 Submission: Submit your story via THIS FORM. Please, post your story on your profile, as a standalone or as part of a collection. Once you have submitted, you may share your story link in the comment section below. Do not hesitate to share and read your fellow writer's entries.

🥮 Deadline: the last date for submission is Friday, October the 2nd, 2020.

Prizes

As bragging rights go on...

🥮 Each participating profile will select their winner(s) and broadcast and showcase their choice on their profile

🥮 @WattpadFestivals will announce the overall top 3 winners, all profiles and genera included.

🥮 The winning entries will be added to the profiles anthologies.

Please note, this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries to this contest, that we feel do not meet the required criteria, that are unsuitable, or potentially triggering.