Chapter Nineteen

*First off, thank you for being patient. I apologize for any grammatical errors as well. Enjoy. XOXO*

"What do you mean the reports aren't in yet?" I looked up at Jacob who was upset at me over something I had turned in about a week ago.

"Jacob, I turned them in to you. If you lost them, please don't put that blame on me. We're professionals." Or did I forget to submit them? This was a huge account, if Sunrise Rehabilitation were to lose this account, my a-ss would be fired. "I can help you look if you would like."

"Scarlet, I've looked all over. I've checked my box and everything. Nothing." I looked over to his facial expression that was displaying his hidden anger towards me. It wasn't my fault he was so messy. His desk only proved my response towards him. "I will go over and look again."

"Let me help."

"Do you have a back-up?" He placed his hand on my shoulders, "Scarlet, we need this."

"Well it's a good thing I'm a constant worrier, don't worry, I have a back-up. It just doesn't include the changes you told me to do." We walked back to my office that displayed a much more organized, clean space. "You should really consider organizing your desk..."

He chuckled, "You would like that very much, hmm?"

"Actually I would!" I laughed, "You know how that drives me crazy."

Jacob got a little closer to retrieve the file, "What else drives you crazy, Scarlet?" I turned around and quickly glanced at him; is he really doing this? Why would I even flirt back with him when he is dating my archenemy?

"Jacob..." He quickly took on my rejection as he took the file and started walking out of my office.

"Oh, by the way. A couple of us here at the office will be meeting at Villo tonight. If you want to come."

"The bar?" I remember Ryan mentioning something about it, but going to the bar with these coworkers. With Ira there? I don't think that's a good idea. "Um, yeah. I'll try to make it."

He smiled, "Well, good. Hope to see you there."

So much for coming back to work from the holidays and with this entire mess happening. I sat back down in my chair, mmm. So good to just sit down and just think. I haven't had much of that lately.

Many things have been running in my head. Ryan. Lee. I seriously have no idea how I have been handling everything. "You've heard?" And my moment of silence comes to an end. I look up towards Ira who was wearing pink high heels with a pink polka-dot dress. "If you're coming to Villo tonight, I suggest you don't bring Ryan."

"Why wouldn't I? He's my boyfriend." I think her hearing that word come out of my mouth made her even angrier. 

"Considering that he was my ex-husband before, it probably wouldn't be a good idea, Scarlet."

"I guess it's a good thing that you can't tell me what to do." I smiled at her as she walked away frustrated. Oh crap. Ryan is probably not gonna want to come to this though... Shit.

I quickly dialed his cell phone, even though I didn't think he was going to answer it. The Marines were pretty strict throughout the day. "Hello?"

"Ry?"

I could hear his chuckle loud on the phone, "Yes dear, is everything okay?" I sighed as I thought how happy he made me. I love him so much. He's gonna be so mad, but here it goes.

"Umm.."

"Umm, what's going on babe?"

"So...we're kind of going to go to a bar tonight." I cringed at almost spilling out Ira's name right at the end of that sentence.