Chapter Eleven

"So anyway, that's why you can't be with him, he's mine."

"Ira, why are you in my car? This is the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me", I kept on driving into town to go the mall, "Where can I drop you off, I don't mind, seeing as I didn't see a vehicle in the driveway."

"What don't you understand?" She brought her purse up and showed me a picture of a younger version of Ryan and herself, "We were highschool sweethearts, we are destined to be together."

"What makes you think that I'm going to listen to you?"

"Look, you don't know much about Ryan so let me refresh you", She motioned for me to park in a certain section at the mall, "He went through a very difficult childhood."

"So what does that matter to you?" I started getting off the vehicle and she took my hand before I got off.

She was hanging on tight, "Fine, I need to tell you the truth."

I started to pay attention, her face seemed innocent for a moment, "Go."

"When he came back from war...he was a different person." I got inside the vehicle to sit down, "He thought I cheated, but I never did."

"Okay, you could be lying to me, why should I believe you?"

"I went to his psychologist, they have to go to counseling once they arrive; he told me that he had some disorder, I can't remember."

"He doesn't act like he has a disorder."

"Yeah, but he was hearing voices, hallucinating, and I couldn't go anywhere without him acting up all on my sh-it."

"You should leave Ira." I got off the vehicle and waited for her to get off so I could lock my vehicle, "I can't believe any of this stuff when I know that you could be lying to me."

"Oh really, then what's this?" She lifted up her skirt without any hesitation and showed me scars that went straight down right before it got to her knee.

"I don't know, did you get into some sort of accident?" Ryan did tell me that I shouldn't trust her.

"He did this to me. In the middle of the night. Just because he said I apparently 'cheated' on him."

I kept on looking at the ugly scars before me, could Ryan actually do something like this? I hadn't noticed anything wrong with him, it could be Ira just trying to get into my head. But... she wouldn't go that far to prove a point. Nobody would.

"Look, I'm gonna save your number and I'll give you a call IF I need your help."

She let her skirt go down, "Well you're gonna need my help."

"Then why do you want to be with him if he's so bad?" Ira kept on trying to make Ryan look like a bad guy, but for the past week she's been wanting to get back with him.

"He's my first love. Nobody ever gets rid of their first love. I'm the only that can handle him." Bullsh-it. If anything, Ryan hasn't shown me any of that side, so I'm probably the one that changed him. Or she could be lying. The truth will come out soon.

I started walking away and she started walking in the other direction so her ride can pick her up. I should've stayed so I could've seen who picked her up.

I went inside the mall and went straight to Victoria's Secret, I wanted to get something special for Ryan. Today was his day back at work and it could be our last day to actually be together after he needs to be at work for the rest of the year. "Good afternoon mam', do you need for us to size you?"

"No thank you, I know my size already." I went to the lingerie section and started looking for a garter belt that could match a beautiful bra I was eyeing on. It was a pale pink that had a lacing around it with the matching underwear.