Chapter 11

After school ended, Alexandra and Alice waited outside the school for Sadie. When they saw her, they waved her over to where they were.

"Hey." Sadie said.

"Do you have a car?" Alice asked.

"No. I don't." Sadie said.

"You can ride with us then." Alice said.

The three of them walked over to the Jeep and got in. Alice started the car and drove to their house.

When they got to the house, Sadie looked at it in shock. "Are you ok, Sadie?" Alice asked.

"This is the abandoned house I stayed in." Sadie said.

"It is?" Alexandra asked.

"Yeah." Sadie said.

"Well, since you were living there before we moved here, our parents will let you stay with us." Alice said.

"I doubt it." Sadie said.

"Oh, come on." Alice said as she pulled into the driveway.

"Are you sure?" Sadie asked.

"Yes." Alice said. "They'll be ok with it."

"She should know." Alexandra said. "Alice has a gift of being able to see the future." Alice nodded.

"Ok." Sadie said.

The three of them got out of the car and walked into the house.

"We're home." Alice said.

"Hello darling." Jasper greeted her with a kiss.

"Hi." Alice said, smiling at him. "Sadie, this is my mate, Jasper."

"It's nice to meet you." Sadie said.

"Pleasure to meet you, Sadie." Jasper said.

They walked into the living room, where Esme and Carlisle were.

"Hello girls." Carlisle said. "How was your guys first day?"

"Better than I thought it was going to be." Alexandra said.

"Who's your friend?" Esme asked.

"This is Sadie." Alice said. "We met her at school."

"It's lovely to meet you, Sadie." Esme said.

"You guys too." Sadie said.

"So, you're a vampire?" Carlisle asked. "And you feed on animals?"

"Yes." Sadie said.

"Are you part of a coven?" Jasper asked.

"No. I'm a nomad." Sadie said.

"Sadie was living here before we got here." Alice said.

"You were?" Carlisle asked.

"When I go to a new area, I try to find abandoned places to stay in." Sadie said. "I apologize for using your home when you weren't here."

"It's fine." Carlisle said. "It's not like we were using it, at the time." 

"Can she continue to stay here?" Alexandra asked.

"Do you have anywhere else to stay?" Esme asked.

"No." Sadie said.

"Of course you can stay here." Carlisle said.

"You guys don't have to do that." Sadie said. "I'm ok with just hanging around the woods."

"Nonsense." Esme said. "We aren't going to make you live in the woods."

"Are you sure?" Sadie asked.

"Of course." Esme said. "You're more than welcome to stay with us."

"Thank you." Sadie said.

"You're welcome." Esme said.

"So Sadie, what's your story?" Jasper asked.

"Well, it was 1864 and I was 14. I was living in Chicago with my parents." Sadie started "I don't know who turned me because I never saw them. I do remember that I was really sick with bronchitis when I was turned. I guess a vampire saw me so sick and decided to turn me to save me."

"Carlisle, you didn't turn her did you?" Esme asked. "That sounds like something you would do."

"I would have remembered turning Sadie." Carlisle said. "And I was in North Carolina in 1864 because that's when I turned Alexandra. It must of been someone else."

Alexandra was speechless and shocked to hear that Sadie had a similar story as her. "That's similar to how Carlisle turned me." She said. "It was 1864 and I was 14 too. The only difference is that I was in a North Carolina and I was dying of Scarlet Fever."

"Wow." Sadie said. "I guess we have a lot in common."

"Yeah." Alexandra said.

Later that evening, Sadie and Alexandra were talking and getting to know each other. "I still can't believe we have similar stories." Sadie said.

"I know." Alexandra said. "But that's how Carlisle turned most of us."

"What do you mean?" Sadie said.

"Carlisle turned most of us when we were dying. Except for Alice and Jasper." Alexandra explained. "Carlisle's a doctor."

"Is there more in your coven besides the five of you?" Sadie asked.

'Yeah. There's eight of us." Alexandra said. "But the rest of them aren't here right now."

"There's eight of you guys?" Sadie asked. "I've never met a coven that big."

"Yeah. We're one of the biggest." Alexandra said.

Sadie nodded. "So, Alice and Jasper weren't dying when Carlisle turned them?" She asked.

"Carlisle didn't turn them." Alexandra said. "Alice had a vision of Carlisle and they found us in the 1950s."

"Where are the rest of your coven?" Sadie asked.

"Rosalie and Emmett are on another honeymoon in Africa. They should be back soon." Alexandra replied. "And Edward is living in Brazil.

"Why is he not here with you guys?" Sadie asked.

"When we were living in Forks, Edward fell for a human, but something happened and she got hurt." Alexandra explained. "Edward figured it would be better if we left her to keep her safe. He wanted to be alone, so he went to Brazil." Sadie nodded. "And we don't really call ourselves a coven." Alexandra added. "We're a family."

"Ahh ok." Sadie said.

They continued talking.