Chapter 6

Alexandra was running through the woods with Rosalie, Edward, Emmett, and Carlisle. Esme was staying close to Bella's, making sure Charlie was safe. Rosalie. Alexandra. Mark the tree." Edward said. Alexandra and Rosalie marked two trees with Bella's scent. They continued running. They heard something behind them and saw it was James. He stopped just after the trees Rosalie and Alexandra marked with Bella's scent. After a minute, he ran off angrily. They stopped suddenly.

"He's figured it out." Edward said. "We need to get to to Phoenix."

"Emmett and I will go with you." Carlisle said. "Rosalie, stay here and help Esme keep Charlie safe." Rosalie nodded and ran off.

"Alexandra, why don't you come with us." Carlisle said.

Alexandra just nodded. Why Carlisle wanted her to go with them, instead of staying here, she didn't know. But, she kept her mouth shut anyway.

The four of them ran back to the house and got in the Jeep. Carlisle started the car and headed to Phoenix. Edward called Bella and let her know that they were on their way. When they were getting close, Alice called.

"Alice said that James was headed to a ballet studio." Edward said. "I'm going to run there." Carlisle stopped the car and Edward got out of the car. He sped off.

Carlisle started driving to the ballet studio. When they got there, they rushed into the studio. They saw Edward holding James against the wall and Bella laying on the floor with Alice next to her. Carlisle went over to Edward and Alexandra went over to Alice and Bella.

"Is she ok?" She asked.

"It looks like James crushed her leg." Alice said.

"Carlisle. The blood." Alice said. Carlisle and Edward came over to them.

"Alice. Go." Carlisle said. Alice went to go help Emmett and Jasper. "Her femoral artery is severed. She's losing too much blood." Carlisle explained. "Alexandra, use your scarf as a tourniquet. Tie it above my hands."

Alexandra wrapped her scarf around Bella's hand.

"My hand is burning." Bella said, suddenly. They looked at her hand and saw a vampire bite on her wrist.

"The venom." Carlisle said. "You're going to have to make a choice."

"No." Edward said.

"It's going to happen." Alice said as she came back over to them. "I've seen it."

"She's still hemorrhaging." Carlisle said.

"What's my other option?" Edward asked.

"You can suck the venom out." Carlisle said.

"You know I won't be able to stop." Edward said.

"Find the will to stop." Carlisle said. "But choose. She only has minutes left."

Edward looked at Bella for a moment before putting her wrist to his mouth.

"Edward, stop." Carlisle said, after a minute. "Her blood is clean. You're killing her. Find the will." Edward finally stopped.

A little bit later, they were all at a hospital in Phoenix. Esme and Rosalie had driven there, once they made sure Victoria was gone. They all decided to head home while Edward stayed with Bella.

Alexandra got in Carlisle's car with Carlisle and Esme and the rest of them went in the Jeep. As they drove, Alexandra could feel Carlisle and Esme's eyes on her.

"What?" She asked them.

"Nothing." Carlisle said.

"Then, why are you staring at me?" Alexandra asked.

"Are you ok?" Esme asked.

"Yeah." Alexandra said. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"We know you're jealous about Edward and Bella's relationship." Carlisle said.

"I'm not jealous." Alexandra denied. They gave her a look that said that they knew she was lying.

"Fine. Maybe I'm a little jealous." Alexandra confessed.

"We get that you're upset." Carlisle said. "But, you will find someone."

"There is someone out there for you." Esme said.

"Thanks guys." Alexandra said. The rest of the drive home was silent.