Chapter 2

Eva's POV

(You'll find out who Eva is in like 5 seconds so keep reading peoples!)
👆I don't even know.👆

~*~

"I've seen enough. Go home and practice." Mrs. Lott stressed.

The stress and annoyance was pouring off of her, adding stress to everyone in the cast.

I looked over towards Rosie and shrugged, but she was to busy being aggravated with everyone to notice. Rosie was always a perfectionist, so her being frazzled was no surprise anyone.

The cast began filing down the steps and into the house to gather our things.

I sat down in one of the blue house seats and began to undo the straps on my tan character shoes. I put on my blue memory foam tennis shoes and grabbed my water bottle. I picked up my shoes and headed for the door.

"Bye guys!" I called out to my fellow cast mates.

"Eva! Wait up!" someone yelled. I could recognize that voice from anywhere.

It was the one, the only...

Josiah Williams.

He has been one of my best friends since, well, since I could remember.
We spent almost every waking moment together, always at each other's houses, spending recess together in grade school, we even did our first plays together.

But then Rosie came.

Now I love Rosie to death, and I'm glad she moved here in 4th grade. After all, she is my best friend.

But when she came, Josiah changed.

~*~

We both met Rosie at an audition, an audition for the musical, Annie. We were standing outside the audition room, and Josiah and I were going over each other's audition sheets/resumes/schedules when a girl whom I had never seen before walked in.

She was beautiful. She wore a burgundy dress along with black tights and a matching burgundy bow in her hair. The black tap shoes she wore, obviously for her audition, clicked with every step she took.

"Hi!" Josiah exclaimed. He was always eager to meet people and see the best in them, which was something I had issues doing.

"Hello." She said and waved shyly.

"Anyways..." I said turning my back to the girl who had sat on the for beside me.

"let's continue. Who are you auditioning for today?"

"I will play any part, but I would prefer to play Drake or Mr. Roosevelt. Who are you auditioning for today?"

I smiled confidently and replied, "today I will be auditioning for Annie, but I will gladly play any part."

"You're auditioning for Annie too?!" The girl exclaimed from behind me. I couldn't tell if she was nervous or not. I kind of hoped she was.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Cool!" She replied.

Then, a woman with short red hair came out and called the numbers 27, 28, and 29, which were the three of us.

We walked in as a group. We spent 45 minutes working on choreography which we then preformed as a group. Then we all sang and did monologues. After Rosie went, I was really nervous. Her song and tap routine was flawless, and her acting skills were just as good. I only messed up my song once, missed a step in my dance routine, and mumble in my monologue.