Ch. 5

*Louis' POV

I walk through the long and dimly lit hallway that is under an abandoned workshop a little outside the city. 
I hate going here sometimes.
Its worse now because I am attending college and so I have to make sure my absences are not too apparent. 
I shove the slowly decaying wooden door that is poorly guarding our secret place and see Niall and Harry lounging on one of the black leather couches smocking cigarettes and laughing. 
They glance over at me when i loudly slam the door closed. 
"Tommo" Niall shouts "Where the hell have you been these past few days?" 
I shrug
"Just busy with college stuff"
"I honestly don't understand why you bother going to fucking college. You have all the money you need now and I can just imagine how boring it must be." Harry says chuckling to himself while bringing his scarred hand to his mouth and taking a deep intake of his cigarette.
I sigh and lay on the other black couch across the messy room. 
I used to never be interested in college.
It was only when I became more and more intertwined in this life of crime, that I knew I needed to do something that would help me when we have to stop doing what we do.
Additionally to that, I can find more victims at college because there are many girls who get wasted to the point of no real consciousness and just want sex and the many of the boys there want some sort of fight. 
The other four see this benefit so that is why they let me enroll, but they still like to tease me about it from time to time.
"Get up you three" Liam says with a thick voice as he walks into the room we're in.
"Alright, alright" Niall says with his almost permanent grin plastered on his face
Zayn follows Liam into the main room where the rest of us are in.
"I've made arrangements with Ben from New York earlier today. He will exchange us the money tonight on the rooftop of a small abandoned building on 34 Crest st. He will be armed so you little fucks better not aggravate him." Liam says glaring at Niall, Harry, and I
Zayn just silently stands behind him. 
He's lucky to be treated with the most respect out of of us four. This is only because he was the first to join when Liam found him dealing drugs at a club. 
They've been together longer and so Liam trusts him with doing the important managing tasks. 
Liam still treats us like immature teenage boys who won't take the job seriously. 
I think I get along with Zayn the most in this group. 
Niall is cocky and almost never serious. Harry enjoys the crime to the point that he is willing to take risks and not think things over and he is also the most cold hearted person I have ever met.
Zayn is careful and observant which is why we are continuing at such a high rate without any fail.
He developed these skills in his drug dealing career which lead him to be one of the few in Seattle who have not been caught once. 
As usual, we take what we need and drive to our destination. 
We usually don't trade, but making a name for yourself in the black market is good and we get a large amount of money when doing it.

We've now parked our expensive cars and are walking though an alley that should lead to the building. 
"Just thought I'd let you boys know that a bar filled with college kids is not the place to go to find victims." Harry says to start some conversation.
My body stiffens slightly.
"Did the drunk and desperate girls overwhelm you Harry?" Niall says laughing.
"There was just no one there who was worth the time, but I did end up killing a girl near the bar out of frustration." He says running his hand through his long dark hair
When I hear these words my feet become grounded with the concrete and my blood starts to boil.
The others stop and turn to face me with confused expressions. 
I quickly come to my senses and clear my throat.
"It's just that I think we were at the same bar tonight.." I say almost cracking my voice
Harry stares at me as if he knows there is more to what I just said, but after a moment his expression becomes normal and he says, 
"Oh that's too bad because I could have been with you mate." 
After that we all start walking again to meet with Ben.
The rest of that night I am haunted with thoughts of Emma.
Why did I have to leave her there alone? 

*Emma's POV

I'm sitting in a nearby coffee shop that Kelly recommended us to try out and I am replaying last night over and over in my head. 
The last words Louis spoke to me still do not make any sense. 
How was it a mistake? 
I am confused, upset and slightly pissed off about how he left so suddenly leaving me alone on an unknown street. 
I'm thankful that Matt just happened to drive past my shivering body. 
While we drove back to campus he kept trying to push me into telling him what had happened, but I was too much of a mess then to put the words together. 
"You know you've been staring at that coffee for about ten minutes" Kelly says as she approaches me with her drink in hand
"I just can't stop thinking about last night." I reply honestly
She sighs and looks at me with concerned eyes.
"If he's okay with just leaving you without a logical reason then you don't even need him"
I attempt a smile and try to believe the words she's saying.
"Speaking of last night.." she says her voice becoming more hushed and she leans closer to me "Just now when I was buying my coffee, everyone in line was talking about a girl being found dead last night right beside that bar we went to."
"What?" I ask taken by surprise
"You heard me. I have a bad feeling it may have been Maggie because she didn't come back last night and she isn't answering her phone. I could just be paranoid though." She says frantically.
Even though I don't like Maggie much, I still wouldn't want her to be the girl who is dead. I put my hand on Kelly's and try to reassure her everything will be fine.

Later that day however, the news is brought that it was in fact Maggie who was murdered that night. 
Since Kelly was her friend she nearly collapses on the floor when she hears this and I have to hold her for support.

Who would have done that? 
I find myself thinking when I am back in our dorm room.
During my thought process, I am startled with a loud knock on the door.
I open the door to see Louis' panicked face with sweat shining over his forehead.
When his eyes meet mine it is as if he is seeing a ghost.

*Hiiii. I know its been a long time since the last update and a lot of you have been begging for more so I hope you enjoyed this chapter. It took longer then usual since this week has been pretty hard, with it being the first week back and all so I never got the time to write.
I've also been getting such good feed back recently and I can't thank you enough! I never expected myself to be writing a fanfic, let alone having many people reading it and enjoying it.
BONUS NEWS: I am making an improved version of the trailer and it's looking really good so that will be posted this upcoming week.
PLEASE RATE AND COMMENT YOUR OPINIONS ON THE STORY AND WHAT HAS HAPPENED IN THIS CHAPTER! x