Outsider

AN: So, I have no excuses for the lateness of this chapter except the fact that Bee was busy and I had work. (I work at Burger King... I never wanna see another Whopper) It took us much longer than we would have liked to get this chapter out, but we finally did. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter regardless! So without further ado! Chapter 8!

Disclaimer: We don't own anything but Akane and Uchiha OC's, Masashi Kishimoto ©

Akane yawned into her palm, picking up the tie to pull back her hair. She managed to wake up on time this morning, although there wasn't anything planned - at least nothing she knew of. Patting down her clothes, she decided some fresh air would wake her up a bit more. The sun lit her room, and she was excited to feel it against her skin; however, upon sliding open her door, a shadow loomed over her, blocking the golden rays she desired. Her eyes widened.

"Madara?" she nearly gasped.

"Come," he said casually, starting off without her. She furrowed her brow, watching him go. "I won't come looking for you if you get lost, and Izuna is busy," he called out. Unsure what to think of the moment, she dashed after him. She bit her lip as they neared the infirmary. It wasn't as full today. Thankfully. She followed him in.

"Ah, Madara-sama," Fusao bowed, clipboard pressed against his chest. All eyes darted to the leader. Akane found it odd, their fascination with him. Sure Madara was strong, and he was brave. He was an Uchiha leader, but he was also a man, a man who according to Izuna, was always in a mood, and she found it hard not to laugh right then and there. She bit her lip again to keep quiet.

"Madara-sama! What a pleasure. What brings you here?" Marika nearly fell in her attempt to get to him. Akane gazed at her feet. Madara remained silent, eyeing the scene. They had five medics other than traditional doctors who would benefit greatly by learning medical nin-jutsu.

"Listen," he started. "We've been fortunate enough to come across something the Senju haven't gotten their greedy paws on; a weapon, a trump card, something that could change the outcome of our wars. Unfortunately at the moment there is only one who wields that power, which is why you're all going to learn. Akane will be giving classes, lesson on medical-nin-jutsu."

"What?" Marika blinked aggressively. "Her? Teach us? No disrespect, Madara-sama, but this isn't a good idea."

"I understand everyone's feelings," he said, noticing the whispers, some of excitement, others of disdain. "She's an outsider. I understand. I myself am not fond of the idea, but I was the one who came across Akane, who saw her best work. I took her from her home and brought her here because I believe she will help rebuild the Uchiha's strength."

"He has a point," Misaki commented.

"We will train and raise a medical squad. One that can fight and defend themselves in battle as well as heal when needed."

"We medics are fine as we are. We're capable -"

"Are you now?" Madara inquired with a tilt of his head. "Word reached my ear that you nearly let a man die because of your pride and ignorance. Not just any man, our man, our shinobi."

"She comes in here with her nose in the air taking over, pushing us Uchiha aside. I'm just as skilled, just as capable -"

"I would choose Akane to accompany me in battle one hundred times over you," he barked, narrowing his eyes. "She is useful. Her healing is useful on the battlefield. But you, there is no time for stitches or gauze. And it is no place for arrogance or fools."

Marika looked on in disbelief, speechless.

"This is my order. This is my decision. If you have a problem, you will take it up with me. Akane is simply the instructor, doing as I told her. She will handle the scheduling and anything else she needs to get these lessons started. We don't have time to pick fights or get angry over little things." He left it at that, turning swiftly and exiting. Akane looked after Madara one last time before turning towards the crowd of medics in the room. She did not like being the center of attention. Swallowing the lump in her throat, Akane spoke up.