Enchiladas and Horchata

This oneshot is going to be a happy one because I realized that my recent chapters are so gloomy, so uh, enjoy.

"Hey, Pen. Have you ever tried an Enchilada before?" I asked, bored.
"Um, what's an Enchilada?"

I looked at her in disbelieve.

"Have you ever tried Mexican food?" I asked.
"What kind of Mexican food is there?"
"OK, we're going to Mexico tomorrow. Be at the front of the forbidden forrest at 9:00."
"Wait, why?" Penny asked, startled.
"Because I'm going to open your palate to a whole new different varity of Mexican food and drinks."

It was 8:30, but I was already at the gate.

"How can someone not know about Burritos, Nachos, Tacos, and so on."

I couldn't wrap my mind about it and before I knew it, Penny came.

"So, uh, how are we going to get to Mexico?" Penny asked me.
"I'm glad you asked, because we're using this!" I proudly took out a Portkey that looked like trash out of my robes.
"MC, are you alright? Do you realize that you are holding a crushed soda can?"
"You know that it's a Portkey, right?"

I gave Penny the Portkey before taking another one out. After we used it, we were in the middle of a crowded street.

"Maybe it's not the best place to appear at suddenly." is what I thought to myself while grabbing one of Penny's hands, making sure that neither of us are separated by the crowd.

Finally, finally, did we got out of the crowd.

I apologized to Penny about what just happened, but she shrugged it off. Since we were in Mexico right now, we might as well go enjoy the food and drinks that they have to offer.

We went to a street vendor and I ordered two cups of Fruit With Chili Powder.

"What's the red powder on the fruit?" Penny asked, curious.
"Oh, it's chili powder. You know that it's common for Mexicans to pour some chili power on fruit for a kick." I begin explaining while walking.

As she ate a slice of kiwi, I heard a satisfying "Mmmnn." coming out of her mouth.

"See, I told ya that it'd taste good." says I, who then popped a pineapple into my mouth.
"So, where are we going to go next?" Penny asked with a mouth full of fruit and chili powder.
"Wanna go try Arroz Con Leche?"
"What's Arroz Con Leche?" Penny asked.
"Arroz Con Leche means 'rice with milk' in english, but it means more than just a simple dish. It's a pudding involving those two ingredients as its key components andis an extremely easy dessert to make. It can be made at home with little effort and a shortlist of ingredients, the main ones being rice, sugar, milk, and cinnamon, but this simple dish is one of the best." I explained the dish as best as I possibly could and I could see Penny's eyes light up while absorbing the info.
"My god, this sounds like a perfect breakfast. I wish that they served it at Hogwarts." Penny whispered.
"Oh, I'll make sure that Pitt will get the recipes for all of it."

As we went into one of the shops, I ordered a bowl of Arroz Con Leche and a Café de olla before waiting at one of the tables. When the order came, Penny noticed a cup full of Café de olla, before she turned to face me.

"Oh, I didn't know that you drink coffee, MC."
"Eh, it's hard to stay awake otherwise and besides, coffee gets you energized for the day, so it's a win-win." I shrugged before taking a sip of the coffee.
I sighed. "Haaaa, nothing like a good ol' cup of coffee to start a day."

As Penny ate a spoonful from the bowl before she ate all of it.

"You know that it's bad to eat too fast, right. Here, take a sip of my coffee because I don't want you to get sugar rush."
"Ugh, it's bitter." says Penny after taking a sip.
"Well, that's what I prefer, so, uh....Deal with it?"

As we went to canote diving for the first time and to be honest, I really enjoyed it. The ocean was clear, unlike some others that are polluted by us humans. To be honest, I despise people who doesn't care about the Earth but whatever, I'm not going to let this ruin my day with Penny.

We also went to enjoy the beachs(be obviously wore muggle clothes) and before I knew it, it was time for lunch.

"Please tell me that you've heard of this, please." is what I thought to myself before asking "Have you ever heard/tried a taco before?"
"Of course I have! Besides, aren't they normally filled with some beef, lettuce. and cheese?"
"NO THEY ARE NOT!!! REAL tacos are full of meat and vegetables, not like tex-mex food, who has fancy condiments such as sour cream and guacamole. Let's go try one right now."

As I once again came to order food, Penny was sitting at a table. I had ordered 4 beef tacos with some sauteed vegetables(mild spice level) and Hibiscus tea with ice to go along with it while we chilled. When the order came, I poured myself, and Penny, a cup of the tea before taking a sip out of it.

"It has a tart, cranberry-like flavor." says Penny, who then helps herself with a taco.
"It's tasty, right?" I grabbed one of the tacos and bit into it and oh Merlin was it delicious.

In the afternoon, we went to a candy shop and.....I kind of bought all of the Mexican Chocolate because as a chocolate lover, chocolate is my life!

We went to watch some Soap Opera(which was Penny's idea), before going to a Bullfighting Ring. We both ate some of the chocolate I bought while cheering. To be honest, I wanna try Bullfighting, but I'm underaged, so I'll still have to wait a few years!

It was almost 6:00pm when I ordered some Enchiladas with tons of cheese as take out with a medium serving for Horchata and a large serving of Watermelon Agua Fresca(with ice). As we enjoyed the last meal of the day, we held each others hands while staring into the sky, wondering if we'll still be alive after the professors are done scolding us for sneaking out of school. Well, at least Penny and I had fun, because at the end of the day, that's what it matters the most to me.