☆ Chapter Fourteen: Guinness is a Girl's Best Friend

CHAPTER FOURTEEN.      GUINNESS IS A GIRL'S BEST FRIEND

"You'll be doing alright

With your Christmas of white,

But I'll have a blue, blue, blue, blue Christmas."

      Valerie leaned over to smush her cheek against Midge's pointy shoulder, eyes squinting dazedly. "Did you know — did you know I met him?" 

      The brunette cocked an eyebrow, "Elvis Presley?"

      "Met him on the tour in Memphis." slurred the blonde. "He wanted to fuck me, but I very, very badly wanted Mark and didn't want him to get jealous so I turned him down. I don't exactly regret it, because some stagehand said he was boring in bed."

      "Well, thanks for ruining Elvis for me." Midge muttered, before pinching her shot glass and slamming it back. 

      Valerie tsked and waved her off lazily. With a bleary gaze, she located the bartender across the counter and waved to grab his attention, before gesturing to her almost empty pint glass. She had been drinking beer from the moment the trio had waltzed into this dejected Irish pub a couple of paces down from the Gaslight. When they sauntered in, Valerie looked the most depressed one out of the three and immediately plopped herself down at the very end of the counter, and demanded a large glass of Guinness on tap. It did not matter that she had to get up in the morning and work on Dear Margo responses. It did not matter that her infant career in comedy have essentially been run over with a bus and had to be completely reworked. What matter was that she was still painfully sober and vividly remembered the events of tonight, which could not stand. 

      Beer had become her go-to drink for getting drunk ever since she was a teenager and had successfully snuck into a bar for the first time with some girlfriends. For some odd reason (possibly the genetics from her Irish father's side), she was particularly sensitive to beer and vowed to only drink it if she was looking to purposefully get sloshed after a couple of bad nights in her early youth. Liquor — her signature Manhattan — and wine — preferably red, preferably Italian — were easy for her to drink as they mainly relaxed her and didn't often tempt her to drink more.