|2.2|

"Absolutely no one you need to worry about!" Gaby snapped, a bit too harshly at that. But that only sparked more of Anne's interest.

The brunette bolted over to her and snatched the letter out of her hands.

"Someone important, I take?" Anne mused, watching as Gaby walked into another room, the redhead followed.

"Anne," The brunettes voice was warning, hinting heavily at her to shut up.

Unfortunately, Anne never really was one for hints.

"The return address is from-"

Gaby slammed a drawer shut, loudly. It made her redheaded friend, who was in no way anticipating it, jump. The letter was no more, surely tucked away someplace where someone couldn't just walk upon it.

"The return address does not matter! Because I will not be writing back!"

Anne's eyebrows rose in curiosity.

"You haven't even-"

"I don't care if I haven't opened it! I already know what's inside!" Gaby exclaimed, taking the words right out of Anne's mouth, she walked past the redhead and back towards the kitchen. Leaving Anne alone, the redhead stared at the drawer that Gaby had thrown the letter in.

Surely she wouldn't leave it there forever? She'd open it eventually.

"Anne! Get out of there, and do not touch that drawer!"

Gaby could practically read minds at this point.

"Gaby, how could you possibly know what's inside?" Anne asked, nearly timidly, once she walked into the kitchen. Gaby stood in front of the stove, watching in anticipation as the water boiled for tea.

"Educated guess," She snapped, unamused, she did not turn around to face the redhead that was speaking to her.

Anne's eyebrows knit together.

Timothy Barker, whoever he was, was obviously a sore subject to Gaby.

-

As Anne was leaving the Blythe family home, she gave Gaby a goodbye hug. After she had, reluctantly, dropped the subject of the letter, the two had a grand time.

"I'll see you at school,"

That's why Gaby had originally wanted her over. To tell Anne she'd be returning to school.

Once the redhead was gone. Gaby took a deep breath and leaned back against the now closed front door.

How could you possibly know what's inside?

Anne's words ringed inside her head. Maybe she was right. Who knows what could be inside?

If Gilbert was here, he would've already opened the letter, despite Gaby's protest, he surely would've been annoyed by the amount of time it'd been floating around the house.

He'd then proceed to tell her if it was good or bad news, and let her decide whether she wanted him to tell her what it said, or if he should just throw out the letter without another word.

Gaby groaned and closed her eyes. She pinched the bridge of her nose.

Fine, I will open it.

She reasoned with herself, quickly walking into the room she'd placed the letter in.

Anxiously, she took it out of the drawer she'd slammed shut, and stared at the return address.

Edmonton, AB, Canada.

Taking a deep breath, and in one motion, to make the process quicker, and therefore leave herself less time to change her mind, Gaby ripped the envelope open, and quickly opened the letter.

'Dearest Gabriela,

I hope this finds you in good health, how are you? And how is your father? I hope you both, along with that brother you spoke so warmly about, are well.

My father has a business proposition on Prince Edward Island, he's thinking about sending me to overlook it. Or more like, I've been begging him to. If I were to come, would you allow me to visit?

I've missed you Gaby, and I know that sounds silly considering we spent mere days together, but I truly have. And, although I cannot expect you to miss me back, I hope you find me fond enough to write back. If you don't, I will understand, and no longer bother you with these letters, or when I arrive at your surely beautiful island.

I apologize for the time it took for me to write this, you, after all, are not an easy woman to impress. And how badly I wish to impress you.

Your,
Tim'

Gaby must've reread the letter at least a hundred times. And each time, it confused her just the same.

Tim lived in Edmonton, which was to far for comfort, there was no point in getting attached to him. At least, thats what she'd been telling herself.

But now, he was going to come to the island. If you'd told her this when she first returned from her trip with her father and brother, she would've been bouncing with joy, but now it only left her feeling conflicted.

She bit her bottom lip, and reread the letter one last time. Before quickly turning around, letter still in hand, and practically running towards where she kept the paper and pens.

She sat down, and thought for a moment. Staring at the blank piece of paper that was in front of her on the only desk in the house.

What to say? What to say? What to say?

It would be rude not to write back, and besides, what was the harm in sending one measly letter anyway?

'Timothy-

-

a/n: short little filler chapter! sorry for the long wait guys, school's been hectic and i've actually started working on two other writing projects! (you know the beginners inspiration, haha!) i will try to update more regularly!