|2|

As soon as Gabriela walks into the school house. She is surrounded by the girls. Who seem, more or less, angry with her.

Gaby looks at Josie, the queen bee of the operation, and gives her a challenging look.

"Is there a problem, girls?" She asks, her voice sweet, but questioning nonetheless. There was a hint of smugness laced in there. She knew how to stand her ground, and would be damned if she let Josie rock her.

"Why, pray tell, are you taking the side of some orphan, compared to our dear Ruby?" Josie clears her throat.

"I love Ruby, crying and all, she knows that, but on the other hand, I do not love when you are mean, to someone who knows no better," Gaby smiles, tone unwavering, she stands in front of Josie, tall and strong, waiting for her to say something back.

The girl does not, Gabriela chuckles, and walks past the group, making her way over, and proceeding to sit at her desk.

"What was that about?" Gilbert asks softly, sitting on top of Gabriela's desk.

"Watch out, at this rate you won't even have the option to marry anyone but Ruby Gillis," Gaby whispers quietly so no one else hears, sarcasm was oozing out of her voice.

Gilbert makes a face and looks away, his sister laughs softly.

"I take it that they were being nasty to Anne?"

Gaby nods. The pair sighs.

"Well, seems like my boys are going through trying to figure out the business of dibs for you," Gil teased while decided to change the topic. Gaby laughed rather loudly.

"Protect my honour, will you?" Gaby asks her brother jokingly. Now Gilbert laughed just as loud.

"I'll try, do you have a suitor I should go a bit easy on?" He asks his sister, Gaby smiles and leans back in her chair trying to figure out which of her brother friends was the cutest.

"I'm afraid to say this, but your friends do not impress," The twin sighs.

"I'm sorry! I forgot, you and that boy from Edmonton must be betrothed by now!" Gilbert gently pushed his sister head while walking away quickly.

"Gilbert!" Gaby calls out laughing. Gilbert shakes his head softly, and soon after Mr. Phillips proceeds to start class.

-

       Gaby quickly zoned out in class, Mr. Phillips was not an exceptionally good teacher, and Gabriela was a very studious girl, with or without this unhelpful man, she was one of the smartest student in class.

"Miss. Blythe! Would you care to answer the question?" The teachers voice rang out, snapping Gaby out of her train of thought.

Taking a quick look at the blackboard, trying to find the question, it took Gabriela a couple seconds to answer.

"The answer is 4," She sighs.

Mr. Phillips put on a sour face, and nodded slowly.

"Correct,"

She held back the violent urge to roll her eyes.

Once the math lesson had finished, Phillips decided that it was time to read a poem. But not before walking over to Prissy Andrews, and giving her a look that made Gaby's stomach turn.