|3|

"Gabriela! Get up!" At the sound of Gilbert and her father yelling her name, and bells ringing furiously, Gaby jumps awake, mostly out of fright.

"Whats happening?" She asks quickly, running out of her bedroom, as she sees Gilbert getting dressed in a rush, she proceeds to do so as well.

"Fire-" Before the twins father could finish explaining he began to cough furiously.

Gabriela jumps towards him while tying her shoe and taps his back gently.

"Stay home father," Gilbert says, while looking down and grabbing his sister by the arm. The twins do not wait for any disagreement, and rush out of the house.

The man makes his way to the front door and stands there weakly, watching his last two kin prepare two horses to ride to the fire with.

Before they leave, they both yell a 'goodbye', and 'be safe' to their father.

"Please be careful," John Blythe yelled out after his children, Gabriela looks back quickly and gives him a nod. John felt at ease knowing at least the female twin had heard, she would be able to keep them both in check if necessary.

As the twins ride quickly towards the fire, Gilbert becomes very stern.

"Gabriela, you will not go anywhere near this fire, I don't care what the circumstances are," He tells her, not even bothering to look over to his sister as they rode.

"But-"

He does not even let her finish her sentence.

"No! Gabriela, we joke about a lot of things, but as the oldest of us I am telling you right now, you are not going to do anything dangerous!"

Gabriela could feel a bit of anger rise in her, but knew she wouldn't challenge her brother on this. He was looking out for her.

She takes a deep breath and nods.

"I promise,"

Unfortunately, that promise would soon be broken.

As they arrive to the burning house, Gabriela quickly recognized it as Ruby Gillis' home. She gasps, and together Gilbert and her jump off of their horses. A group of men quickly begin to usher Gilbert away from his sister.

He ignores them for a moment, and turns towards Gaby.

"Gaby, do as we agreed on." He murmurs while bringing her in for a tight hug. When he let's go, he quickly runs with the other men towards the house.

As he is making his way there, he sees Diana Barry, and proceeds to stop again.

"Diana!" He calls out, the brunette turns to him quickly.

"Take care of Gabriela, please!" He pleads once and then is forced to leave, but not before seeing Diana nod her head vigorously and run towards his sister.

"Gaby!" Diana calls out, hugging the girl tightly.

"How did this happen?" Gabriela asks the girl while hugging her back.