The house warming party

hello there everyone, its emily here and this is my first go at writing a chapter, I hope you all like it <3 xx

-16th of December 1851-

It had been exactly a week since the strange girl knocked on my door, with the house warming party getting closer I was getting more nervous.  Emily had a strange Aura about her that i didnt trust.  She was beautiful i admit, but that wasn't uncommon in our area.  When i had mentioned the party to mother and the sisters they jumped at the chance for a social event.  Danielle was most excited for it as we had heard that Emily had a sister her age.  Even if they were excited it didn't change my opinion. I sat on the soffa, pulled my book out and flipped to the chapter i was reading.  I read about a page before loosing focus, I could not concentrate on this book today, not with the party looming ahead of me.  I decided to take a bubble bath to take my mind off things.  As soon as my body hits the water my muscles relax and I sigh in relief.  But soon the thoughts of Emily and the dream return to my mind.  At that moment I hear a gentle knocking on the door and it opens a crack, revealing mothers face

"May i come in?" she asks quietly.

"I'm in the bath mother!" I say back. 

"Oh well I just had to say that Annabelle is not feeling well and I will be staying home with her until she feels better, so tomorrow if she still feels ill, Isabelle and Danielle will attend the house warming party but i will stay with Annabelle" she says, I shudder, I didn't trust Emily yet and and it would make me more comfortable to have mother there.  

"Ok, thank you for telling me" I smile at her,

"Alright my darling, dinner will be ready soon so hop out of the bath and come and help set up." She leaves but i sit there for a few more minutes just thinking it over.  When i finally fell the water loosing its hot edge I let the water out and wrap a towel around my body.  I get changed and head out to go set up.  

That night I drempt of nothing, I have a peacful sleep full of no dreaming and I'm very thankful for that, if Emily had of made an appearence there again, I knew I wouldn't be able to go to the party.

-17th of December 1851-

I looked at the analog clock on my wall across the room, 5;30, great.  I get up anyway and start to make a cooked breakfast for me and my siblings, mother would be up soon but she wouldnt eat the food i make anyway.  She only ever had a cup of tea as her breakfast.  I had been cooking for about an hour when the others got up, I had made eggs on toats with blueberry muffins and a chocolate cake as a housewarming gift to Emily.  Isabelle was up first followed by Danielle and then Annabelle, I smiled at them as they came in and I motioned for them to sit down.  I ate a muffin and a piece of toast and the rest of the food my sisters finished off.  Isabelle helped clean up and after that I was off.  I got ready reasonably quickly and ended up having nothing to do until the party which was in 3 hours.  I decided to take a walk around our house.  It was very big and it had been quite some time since I had seen it all.  I grabbed a jumper and pulled it on.  I walked up two fights of stairs to a level we hardly ever visited.  The house was so large.  Gran had married a very rich man aho had bought mother this grand house, I thought he was kind and generous but he hadn't walmed my sisters hearts so nicely.  They turned their noses up at him and his overly kind gestures.  I didn't exactly agree with what they did but i didn't complain either.  I had come to a room with a fire crackling, this was Mary's room, so i turned around and walked in the other direction.  As i walked past the doorways i checked all the rooms for anything interesting.  There were a few rooms that looked empty and plain, But when I came to the end of the corridor and i peared through the door I was amazed at its sheer wonderfulness.  This room was large and it had bookshelves running up 2 of the walls and arm chairs that would of looked even more fabulous a long time ago.  But all the books in the world couldn't compare to the gorgeos grand piano that stood in the far corner.  I would look at the books another time, right now all I wanted to do was play.  I sat in the old creaky chair and lifted the lid of the beautiful piano.  It looked in mint condition so i pulled up my sleaves and started to recite my favourite tunes.  The sound was of the most perfect noise I had ever heard.  I grinned as it filled my heart and soul with warming music.  Eventually I came to a stop and thats when I remembered Emily and the party.  I sighed and stood up.  I would be coming up here again sometime soon, and i couldn't wait, but right now I had to go finish the cake or i would have to turn up empty handed to Emily's.  I rushed down stairs to find mother sitting on the soffa with Annabelle.  Obviously she was still feeling ill and I would be attending the party with Isabelle and Danielle, which I didn't mind but it would make me nervous.  I greeted mother and Annabelle and went into the kitchen to start on the cake.  Mary helped me make the iceing and cleaned up once I had finished but appart from that this was all my doing, it looked devine and i was tossing up weather I should just keep it for myself and pck emily up something from the shop, but i know that would be the wrong thing to do so I wrap the cake up and place it in a box.  Then  find Isabelle and Danielle and tell them its time to leave, I dont know if im ready to face Emily yet, but I guess I'm as ready as I'l ever be.  

Danielle, Isabelle and I had just arrived at Emily's house, It was grand, obvously not as big as ours but it suited her in a way.  It had a beautiful garden out the front and I couldn't help but take a closer look at the magnificent roses that bloomed from the garden beds.  Thats when I see Emily and a smaller girl coe to great us.  

"Hello girls, how wonderful it is to see you here, this is my home where I live with my sister Ruby-" she motions to the girl by her side"- and my father.  Please come in," she says politely.  

"thankyou, your roses look lovely by tha way" I mention as we follow her inside.  It's a pretty house, all cosy and warm but thats not really how I like to live and this house wouldnt suit me very well.  As we near the dinning room I hand her the cake and she thanks me dearly.  Isabelle, Danielle and I take our seats and make small talk with the people next to us.  Danielle is talking enthusiastically with the girl Ruby, and Emily is talking to Isabelle.  An older man who looks to be in his late fourties comes and takes a seat next to me and calls for everyone's attention.  

"Hello and welcome to our home, I'm pleased to announce me and my daughters will be moving in here permanently and we couldn't be more delighted to be moving into such a wonderful neighbourhood." he grins at all of us, there are about 20 other people sitting around the room, then he sits down and a lady bearinga tray with tea and cakes comes and serves us all.  I smile politely at her and then spark up a conversation with mr. collins.  He seems to be very interested in the technlogy of trains and thinks we can expand on the creation on things like that even though everyone knows its a dead buisness.  But I enjoy listening to him go on about things like this and I'm excited for the future if this man has anything to do with it.  I look over at Emily who is looking straight at me, as soon as i meet her gaze she looks away and starts a converstion with the people on either side of her.  I'm confused by her actions but i don't say anything at this point in time.  I tune into what mr. collins is saying but my thoughts are still racing.  

When tea is finished I cllect my sisters.  Danielle is going on about how much her and Ruby have in common while Isabelle is strangely quiet.  Maybe like me she's full of thought, Maybe like me shes realised something strange about the girl named emily collins.