*~*A Walk in the Park*~*

~*~A walk in the park~*~

---

8th of December 1851

---

"I understand your curiosity Eliza, I really do." Mary nodded, gripping my hands tightly. Her face was tight from age, and you would see the worn away beauty that remained skin deep.

"I know, but I betrayed mother, I should of never disobeyed her orders." I sighed, pulling myself from the table.  

"I've already cleaned it up, and replaced the bottle, why don't you go for a walk?" Mary suggested, standing up with the cups in her hands.

"Perhaps, yes, I will, thank you." I nodded, walked across the hall to the dresser, I grasped my pink parasol that matched the frilly pink lace work around my neck.  

"Mary?" I called. 

"Yes dear?" 

"You would 't know where my sister and mother have gone?" I asked. 

"To the shops my lovely." She smiled, placing the cups into the streaming hot water. 

I nodded and walked down the hallway, the hot sun breaking through the top window in front of me.

As I crossed towards the front door, the door bell ring into my ears. I pulled open the door. The mail man.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I forgot to drop this letter off, my apologies my lady." He smiled, stepping backwards down the stairs. He slid back over the bike and rang his bell as he rode from the front gate. I walked over the thresh hold and opened up my parasol, blocking the suns rays. 

I began to step down the gravel road, cracking open the letter. I proceeded to read aloud as I walked.

"Dear Eliza," I started, "it brings me great pleasure to notify you that my sister, Janie, will be attending your annual Christmas Ball later in this month,  

Yours sincerely, Sir Michael Glover."

Janie! Oh goodness, I hadn't seen her since last Easter, how good it was to see her face again. I smiled ridiculously as I strode down the road, my shall bobbing on my shoulders. I couldn't wait to see Janie again, we were such good child hood friends, we played piano together and played games together, we were the best of friends before she moved to Australia for the gold rush. And she had finally returned and I couldn't wait till Christmas.

I crossed over into St David's park, the oak trees looming over me, with robins chirping on the branches, children lay on the fresh grass, playing games, mothers and fathers sat on picnic blankets reading books. It was a lovely Sunday morning.

I hand't seen the sun so warm in Lily Dale in a long time, the winter had been harsh but the spring sun was soon giving its best. 

I crossed over the park slowly, taking in everything, the people, the sounds, the trees, the flowers, the bees and the birds.  

I was peaceful again, but I knew it wouldn't last long, it never does.

"Eliza Eliza!" Annabelle's voice chirped as she ran towards me, an apple in hand.  

"Mother took us shopping!" She cried. 

"That's great Anna, hello Danielle, hello Isabelle, hello mother," I smiled and nodded. My three sisters smiled and nodded in unison 

"Hello Eliza." Mt mother smiled.

As we sat down onto the grass, Danielle and Annabelle began to perform their songs, while Isabelle read, and mother relaxed. I was the only one enjoying their song.

Finally peace and quiet.

----