8

CHAT BETWEEN SHINSO AND Y/N

Y/N
shinso? can we talk?

SHINSO
it's 2 am
another nightmare?

Y/N
:((

SHINSO
okay okay

"hello?" y/n quickly said as she answered on the phone.

"what's up this time?" y/n heard shinso yawn.

"same old, same old. just stuff about my dad again." y/n chuckled softly as she whipped her tears off of face.

"you wanna talk about it? or do you want me to take your mind off of it?"

"a distraction. please." y/n answers quickly.

when y/n was younger, her father worked for the government. specifically, a branch that had information on many quirks.

y/n would constantly be experimented on, since her quirk was the first of it's kind for her family.

her father even tried rearranging a marriage between the youngest todoroki and his daughter many times, which eventually lead to y/n and shoto being friends.

the experiments happened up until she was ten, when her mother finally confessed that y/n wasn't his child. she had an affair early on in their marriage.

y/n's 'father,' filled with rage, took his anger out on his wife and beat her half to death. before he could get to y/n, she ran out of the house and didn't look back until she was in a highly populated area.

there was when she was found by a police officer, who took her in and called her parents.

eventually, y/n's father lost custody. though he wasn't going down without a fight, he had y/n mother admitted to a physiatrist hospital, leaving y/n in the foster care system.

she eventually met hawks, who understood what it was like to be passed around in the system, so he took her in.

"go outside for me," shinso said as he sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"why?" y/n questioned as she stood up and made her way to her sliding door that lead to her balcony.

"it's a full moon, enjoy it with me." y/n smiled to herself as she looked up at the moon.

"it's nice, isn't it?" shinso questioned.

"yeah," y/n bit her lip slightly. "yeah it is."

the two stayed on the phone until 4 am, which is when y/n made her way back inside and into her bed.

"y/n?" shinso spoke. when he didn't get an answer, he figured she had fallen asleep.

"sleep well y/n."