Ashamed

-2 Years Later
(Aiden is 16 and Lizzy is 6 btw-)
-Aiden's P.O.V
I walk home looking down. I could barely see because my eyes were watery. (And because my left eye was swollen from just getting punched)

Once I got home. I opened the door and was immediately hit with the strong scent of alcohol. I coughed as this scent went up my nostrils.

"A-Aidenn!!" Lydia, my mom, marched up to me. Clearly drunk.

"Uh..uh.." I look at her. I was pretty scared, honestly. Last time she "talked" to me, she ended up hitting me. Yeah, not fun at all.

"S-soooooooooo!!! I-" Hiccup, "I heard you tell Liz-" Burp, "That brat everything!!!"

I felt anger rising in me. She called Lizzy a brat! Lizzy! A brat!

"N-not everything.." I looked down, terrified.

"Hmm.. Y-you're pr-pretty beaten!" Hiccup, "Did you lose?"

I froze, she thought I was fighting?! She doesn't know a thing about me! "I-I didn't get into a-a fight mo- Lydia.." I said, my voice dying down at the end.

"I-" Hiccup, "Am ashamed! J-just be a ma-man and fight back!!"

"I-" I felt even more tears slip down my face, Ashamed?!

Just because I didn't fight back?!

"Lizzy!" I quickly shouted and sprinted out of the house. I had to pick her up today. Of course, Lydia yelled at me. But I didn't care. I just ran away.

-

"A-Aiden..?" Lizzy put her bag down.

"Yes, Liz?" I kept one hand holding an ice-pack against my eye and with the other hand closed the door. I didn't want to hear Lydia and Aaron's screams. And neither did Lizzy.

"Uhm.. So.." She sat on her bed and began to chew on her lip.

"Whatever it is, you can tell me, I won't judge"

"Well.. In that case.. D-did my mom.. Commit suicide?"